Ian Anderson 6:30 p.m., April 27
Sea World seeks to increase interest in IPO by opening Shamu: Blood in the Water
"It's time we made all these trainer injuries a feature instead of a bug."
RETHINKING THE MEANING OF 'SOAK ZONE,' SEA WORLD - "Simply put, we're putting the 'killer' back in 'killer whale,'" explains Crave Bloodsport, new director of events and exhibitions for Sea World San Diego. "When the company decided to take itself public, we realized we needed to add some added value to our attractions. We've always been about pleasing the visitors, but now we have to please the stockholders as well. We think that Shamu: Blood in the Water will bring a new level of excitement and feeling to a beloved icon of family entertainment. People loved The Hunger Games, right?"
More like this:
- SeaWorld announces shift from orcas to sharks — March 13, 2014
- Shamu and you — Oct. 3, 2013
- Responding to criticism, Sea World retools Shamu show into Killer Whale Bloodbath — Sept. 19, 2013
- Classing up the joint — Nov. 26, 2012
- Bug mutilates whale — Oct. 15, 2012