Johnny Caito 7:07 p.m., July 28
Organ Donors Sought
City Council's Culture and Natural Resources Committee Debates Measures for Funding Salary of Civic Organist Dr. Carol Williams
Councilman DeMaio: "Are you suggesting that no measure is too extreme in the struggle to keep the Spreckles organ pumping?"
Councilwoman Zapf: "I'm saying that those Sunday afternoon performances are absolutely thrilling, and $29,000 a year is a bargain to keep folks coming."
Councilman Alvarez: "It does seem appropriate for government to provide a service of this kind to the public."
Councilwoman Lightner: "But perhaps we could seek cooperation from corporate America?"
More like this:
- Water Fight Gets Dirty — Oct. 18, 2011
- City Council Looks to Renew Contract for Balboa Park Organist — July 27, 2011
- "From my cold, dead hands." — July 13, 2011
- "Oh, dread, he's up to my..." — June 22, 2011
- Who Plays Who: Gender-Bending the Mayoral Candidates Edition — June 14, 2011