Robert Bush noon, March 26
Fletcher Goes On the Offensive
Mayoral Candidate Blasts Opponents for Serving "Their Particular Special Interests" Through "Back-Door Deals"
"My opponents [Councilman Carl DeMaio and District Attorney Bonnie Dumanis] are local operators, part of the administration that queered the city's finances in the first place," said Fletcher, addressing a crowd of supporters from atop a decommissioned Sherman tank that he had maneuvered into the auditorium at Roger Hedgecock Elementary in Rolando. "What this city needs is a real straight-shooter, and if there was one thing I learned in Iraq, it was how to shoot straight!"
When this reporter reminded Fletcher that DeMaio had actually campaigned for his council seat on the platform of financial reform for San Diego's fiscal fudgepot, the candidate lowered the tank's gun into firing position and politely reminded those in attendance that this was not a scheduled debate.
More like this:
- Operation Roll 'n Poll — June 5, 2012
- Mayoral Campaign of Newly Independent Nathan Fletcher Gives $5,000 To GOP, Filing Says — April 13, 2012
- LIVE BLOG - Mayoral Candidate Forum — March 14, 2012
- DeMaio Accuses Fletcher of Lifting Ideas — Aug. 22, 2011
- DeMaio's Dinero — July 12, 2011