Unless you outright loathe good beer, you probably know the name Scot Blair. In fact, you’ve probably been to his University Heights, South Park, and City Heights bars, which specialize in select local and craft brews.
Monkey Paw is Blair’s most recent endeavor, a hybrid of Small Bar’s and Hamilton’s vibe with the added perk of cheesesteaks and its own nanobrewery — a five-barrel system feeding a steady three or four taps that will be run under the guidance of CHUG club homebrewer Derek Freese.
Stained-glass windows, dark wood everything, and an open-air front yield a view of the downtown skyline. Its deliberately casual (if not somewhat old Irish) ambiance fits for lunching downtown businessmen, students, post-game Padres fans, and music/art kids from Golden Hill alike.
- "Monkey see, monkey brew" · March 25, 2013
- "Big-time brewhouse additions" · Feb. 18, 2013
- "Beer of the Week: Sweet Tea Session IPA" · Feb. 15, 2013
- "Happy New Beer: 2012's Best Breweries" · Dec. 26, 2012
- "Brew Ha Ha" · Aug. 1, 2012
- "Monkey Paw Pub: Yes You Can Can" · April 23, 2012
- "Monkeying Around Yields All New Brews" · Dec. 16, 2011
- Here's the Deal · Oct. 19, 2011
|Sunday||5-8pm: $1 off local draughts and drinks.|
|Monday||5-8pm: $1 off local draughts and drinks.|
|Tuesday||5-8pm: $1 off local draughts and drinks.|
|Wednesday||5-8pm: $1 off local draughts and drinks.|
|Thursday||5-8pm: $1 off local draughts and drinks.|
|Friday||5-8pm: $1 off local draughts and drinks.|
|Saturday||5-8pm: $1 off local draughts and drinks.|
|Sunday||noon to 2 a.m.|
|Monday||noon to midnight|
|Tuesday||noon to midnight|
|Wednesday||noon to midnight|
|Thursday||noon to 2 a.m.|
|Friday||noon to 2 a.m.|
|Saturday||noon to 2 a.m.|
The kitchen is always open during business hours.
|Price range of entrées||$5 - $12|
|Occasional live music||No|
|Payment Options||Accepts credit cards|