Affordable, organic, locally sourced meals (fresh basil pasta from Seeds @ City Urban Farm at City College, anyone?) and a rotating selection of 12 San Diego craft beers, including one cask ($5.50–$6.50), make Local Habit a strong contender among America’s Finest City’s world-famous gastropub scene. A joint venture of Barry Braden (Pizza Fusion) and Eco Caters in Ocean Beach, Local Habit specializes in gourmet pizza, house-cured meats, and inventive small dishes. The grilled oysters are a risk-free introduction to the medium — no sea snot, and a firm, palatable texture. Gouda Mac is heaven. The pork belly is bacon’s Buddha nature. Add charming waitresses, Edison bulbs, Stone Double Bastard, growler lampshades, and dark-hardwood everything, and you’ve got a classy but pomp-free drink-and-dine experience.
Tuesday, April 14, 7:00 p.m.
Tuesday, April 28, 7:00 p.m.
|Sunday||11 a.m. to 10 p.m.|
|Monday||11 a.m. to 10 p.m.|
|Tuesday||11 a.m. to 10 p.m.|
|Wednesday||11 a.m. to 10 p.m.|
|Thursday||11 a.m. to 10 p.m.|
|Friday||11 a.m. to 11 p.m.|
|Saturday||11 a.m. to 11 p.m.|
- "Business as Usual for Local Habit" · Feb. 27, 2014
- "Local Habit & Vagabond selling, Brabant coming" · July 23, 2013
- "The Spirit of Family Dinnertime" · Oct. 17, 2012
- "A Bite of Hillcrest at Local Habit" · May 29, 2012
- 2011 Restaurant Issue: "Beer Town" · Oct. 19, 2011
- "Sneak Peek: Local Habit in Hillcrest" · June 30, 2011