Menu offers four prices for every dish: Communist, Socialist, Imperialist and Anarchist. But come here for the atmosphere. Candles, music, Georgian wines and Russian beers. It feels Georgian. “The French sip wine, we Georgians gulp it. We love camaraderie,” says owner Mark Djugashvili.
Prices: Fried cauliflower in spicy breadcrumbs, $2.87 (small), $5 (half-plate), $7 (full plate); khinkali (dumplings with beef and lamb), $2.87, $6.75, $9; egg pâté, $2.87, $7, $9; potatoes, onions, mushrooms fried in duck fat, $2.87, $7, $10; kuchmachi (chicken livers), $2.87, $7, $10
Hours: 5–10pm daily (till 11pm Friday–Saturday)
Nearest Bus Stop: Broadway at 25th
- Sunday: 4-6pm: $5 beers. $3 any appetizer.
- Monday: 4-6pm: $5 beers. $3 any appetizer.
- Tuesday: 4-6pm: $5 beers. $3 any appetizer.
- Wednesday: 4-6pm: $5 beers. $3 any appetizer.
- Thursday: 4-6pm: $5 beers. $3 any appetizer.
- Friday: 4-6pm: $5 beers. $3 any appetizer.
- Saturday: 4-6pm: $5 beers. $3 any appetizer.
|Sunday||5 p.m. to 10 p.m.|
|Monday||5 p.m. to 10 p.m.|
|Tuesday||5 p.m. to 10 p.m.|
|Wednesday||5 p.m. to 10 p.m.|
|Thursday||5 p.m. to 10 p.m.|
|Friday||5 p.m. to 11 p.m.|
|Saturday||5 p.m. to 11 p.m.|
|Price range of entrées||$8 - $16|
|Occasional live music||No|
|Payment options||Accepts credit cards|
- "Going socialist at Sobaka" · May 1, 2013