Hotel del Coronado
Besides the Victorian look, this place plays on the legends: Thomas Edison who inspected the installation of electric lights in 1888; Henry James, who enjoyed the smell of flowers there in 1905; the Prince of Wales who supposedly met his commoner wife there in 1920, Marilyn Monroe who with Tony Curtis and Jack Lemmon made Some Like It Hot there in 1958, President Nixon who entertained President Diaz Ordaz there in 1970. Tourists love the hotel. Even locals will take advantage of the firepits on the patio bar on warm summer nights.
- "70+ great ways to celebrate the holidays" · Dec. 4, 2013
- "French, Italian and Carla" · May 28, 2013
- "Night Del: Skating, snacking magic" · Dec. 5, 2012
- "Lots of Laffs at the Sun Deck Grill" · March 22, 2011
- "Artist Sees Red Wallpaper" · April 21, 1988