This establishment has closed. This page remains for historical records.
Downtown Johnny Brown's
Claiming to be the first craft-beer bar in town (and the first to carry Arrogant Bastard), this hidden Civic Center pub has a lot to live up to. The lovechild of a sports bar and an Irish dive, Johnny Brown’s walls are spackled with old license plates, football photos, and flatscreens streaming sports to a mixed salad of professionals, Civic Theatre crowds, sports fans, and tap hounds. Living up to the legend, the bar’s 17 rotating taps host pilsners, wheats, IPAs, and other microbrews, which go for $3 as the featured Pint of the Day. Try the spicy grilled breast of chicken burger with soup of the day or fries. Soup’s bobbing with fresh-cut vegetables. Also salads: taco or Southwest chicken. Inexpensive.
- "Johnny Brown's out" · June 1, 2016
- "Freebies to keep you downtown after work" · Nov. 5, 2013
- Another Pair of Restaurants Changing Hands · July 25, 2013
- "Happy Hour: Silver linings of a down economy" · April 3, 2013
- "Drinking with G-Men" · Nov. 13, 2012
- Here's the Deal · Nov. 15, 2011