Caffe Calabria Coffee Roasters
By day, this tall, narrow spot is one of the tastiest coffee houses in town. They roast their own beans in a two-story roaster you can see through windows between dining and roasting rooms. By night, Wednesday through Sunday, it becomes a chic wood-fired pizza restaurant. Right at the elbow of the L-shaped space stands an blue-and-white-tiled, domed, wood-burning pizza oven. The Neopolitan pies it produces feature an earthy, smoky taste and texture that go perfectly with the speck, grana, mozzarella, and other Italian toppings. Ten to 15 bucks delivers a pizza big enough to share (or small enough to hog.) Twinkly lights strung on the indoor trees give it a romantic, Neapolitan atmosphere.
Thursday, July 9, 7:00 p.m.
|Sunday||7 a.m. to 11 p.m.|
|Monday||6 a.m. to 3 p.m.|
|Tuesday||6 a.m. to 3 p.m.|
|Wednesday||6 a.m. to 11 p.m.|
|Thursday||6 a.m. to 11 p.m.|
|Friday||6 a.m. to 11 p.m.|
|Saturday||7 a.m. to 11 p.m.|
- "Cheapskate's Corner" · Sept. 18, 2013
- "North Park coffee roaster gets San Diego's first parklet" · Aug. 27, 2013
- "Coffee roaster tour" · May 1, 2013
- "Pizze, Pizze at Caffe Calabria" · May 11, 2012
- "Bull's Eye" · Aug. 31, 2011
- "Instant Pizzas in North Park" · Aug. 5, 2011