Being dorky has been kind of hip for a while now, so in that way Bar Pink has a hipster vibe. Some people show up dressed to impress, but on the flip side you could be in a ridiculous costume and only get 25 percent of heads to turn. It’s laid-back, not pretentious, and really cool bands play here often. Bar Pink is partly owned by John Reis (Hot Snakes, Rocket from the Crypt, Drive Like Jehu) and can be packed on the weekends. It appears that patrons of True North have been catching on, as the number of cultural ambassadors sent over has increased.
- "Pink TV" · July 18, 2012
- "Deep Time on a Budget at Bar Pink" · July 8, 2012
- "Sparring Partners Case and Collins at Bar Pink" · March 14, 2012
- "Bar Pink's Punk Lotto" · June 8, 2011
- Bar Pink's Punk Band Lotto Photo Gallery · May 30, 2011
- "Too Much Style" · Dec. 22, 2010
- Here's the Deal · Feb. 24, 2010