- 9143 Campo Road, Spring Valley, CA 91977 | Directions
The Bancroft opened at the site of the defunct dive Fannie’s, and the Spring Valley spot is now a punk and hardcore haven. It’s hard not to appreciate what the Bancroft has done. In a space that looks like a scene cut from Back to the Future Part III, a handful of hardcore kids have turned a foreboding Spring Valley dive into a raucous nightlife venue and all-day (6am to 2am) pub. So! From 3 to 7pm every day, you get $2.75 wells, $2 Tecate bottles, and $3 Heinekens. Of course, un-Happy Hours are just as good, as owner Rob Logic regularly has free crockpot snacks by the door and perpetual punk-rock tall boys (PBR, Schlitz, Colt 45) at four bucks a pop. Breakfast boozers will appreciate the San Diego Sunrise or a Sunday Bloody Mary Sunday, both five bucks.
Wednesday, December 31, 8:00 p.m.
Thursday, January 1, 8:00 p.m.
Monday, January 5, 8:00 p.m.
Tuesday, January 6, 8:00 p.m.
- "Con gusto" · July 9, 2014
- "Horse Lords: Baltimore's microtonal math kraut" · Oct. 15, 2013
- "Careful with that axe, Eugene: open jam Mondays at The Bancroft" · Sept. 14, 2013
- "Spring Valley is the new North Park" · Aug. 21, 2013
- "The Bancroft: Secret Fun Club, Innerds, and Hot Nerds" · Aug. 6, 2013