Ian Anderson 5 p.m., Sept. 30
To My Dear and Loving Husband
- If ever two were one, then surely we.
- If ever man were loved by wife, then thee;
- If ever wife were happy in a man,
- Compare with me, ye women, if you can.
- I prize thy love more than whole mines of gold
- Or all the riches that the East doth hold.
- My love is such that rivers cannot quench,
- Nor ought but love from thee, give recompense.
- Thy love is such I can no way repay,
- The heavens reward thee manifold, I pray,
- Then while we live, in love let’s so persevere
- that when we live no more, we may live ever.
More from SDReader
- May, a parody of real Spring — May 18, 2016
- From translation of Veni Creator Spiritus (Come Creator Spirit) — March 9, 2016
- Help, lord, my hope increase — Oct. 7, 2015
- To God the Father — April 9, 2014
- Remembrance — Oct. 31, 2012