Susan Luzzaro 6:30 p.m., July 31
- Hank Malone
With This New Poem Comes Fame and My Picture on the Covers of Magazines
- And certain women will run up
- and treat me like a movie star.
- Suddenly, i’ll become handsome
- and witty and perfect,
- and other men will hate my power.
- I’ll become a famous victim of jealousy.
- And soon a fragrant light
- will hover around my head,
- and women will whisper about it.
- A great lover, the poet has become a saint!
- Later, the universe will change course.
- Slowly, it will approach me, and revolve.
- It was inevitable
- that i should die like this,
- famous grey hair,
- powerful baggy pants.