Image from sheldongood.com
  • Image from sheldongood.com

It's a name-your-own-price auction for an 8400-square-foot custom villa perched on a 140-foot wide oceanfront bluff in La Jolla.

New York-based real estate auctioneer Sheldon Good & Company is looking for buyers who might be interested in owning the property, previously listed at $18 million. Bids for a sealed-bid auction are due October 11 on this "extraordinary playground," as it states on the company’s website.

In addition to the views, the house at 5490 Calumet Avenue offers an exercise pool, a five-hole putting green with an eco-friendly driving range (meaning, presumably, the golf balls are caught in a net to prevent them from reaching the ocean), a raised spa with waterfalls, swim-up bar, wine cellar, outdoor kitchen, and home theater.

Should this sound like the home of your dreams, one can schedule an appointment to view it on October 7, according to sheldongood.com.

Comments

SurfPuppy619 Oct. 6, 2012 @ 10:47 a.m.

Someone tell them this is not 2006 anymore, and prices are not $18 Million, nor $15 million, not even $12 million..I predict a sub $10 million sales price.

Javajoe25 Oct. 6, 2012 @ 11:09 p.m.

Sub $10 mil? I don't know. Mrs. Romney might want to pick something up for the kids. But I think you are right about the price range and considering it is an auction, I'll go with $7 - 9 mil.

SurfPuppy619 Oct. 7, 2012 @ 2:41 p.m.

It's an auction in name only. These so called home auctions have reserves that are the bottom line. List price is $13 million. No way. It is a beautiful home with ocean view frontage, but it has no beach to it, just the view (and cliff). I love the home, but how many people can truly use a home theater with 26 seats??????

vournsdsu Oct. 7, 2012 @ 2:11 a.m.

Sooo can anyone give me a no income no asset loan for about $10 million???

SurfPuppy619 Oct. 7, 2012 @ 2:42 p.m.

LOL...us usually on ythese top of the market sales they are all cash deals.

Gail Powell Oct. 7, 2012 @ 5:08 p.m.

If I can find the several million dollars I thought was laying around my crib, then maybe I might just make an offer and host snooty La Jolla Rave parties to recoup my investment.