Ian Anderson 6 p.m., March 7
- It took me months of therapy...and anxiety meds to see that I was the one in error.
- Address: devotionaldiva.com
- Author: Renee Johnson Fisher
- From: Escondido
- Blogging since: September 2006
- Like that time my former coworker tried to force himself on me and didn’t stop when I said no — and I’m the one who got in trouble at work for reporting him.
- Like that time my roommates were so messy that I paid double rent just to move out immediately — and I had to leave the church we all attended because it was so awkward.
- Like that time my coworker acted inappropriately towards our boss at a Christian company — and I quit my job and moved back in with my parents.
- Like that time my guy friend acted like he liked me and then started dating someone else — the only girl I confided in about him.
- Gossip and Slander. “See to it that no one comes short to the grace of God; that no root of bitterness springing up causes trouble, and by it many be defiled…” (Hebrews 12:15-17)
- Ungrateful and Complaining. “Do all things without grumbling or disputing…” (Philippians 2:14)
- Judges Motives. “Therefore do not go on passing judgment before the time, but wait until the Lord comes who will both bring to light the things hidden in the darkness...” (1 Corinthians 4:5)
- Self-Centered. “…do not merely look out for your own personal interests…” (Philippians 2:4)
- Excessive Sorrow. “But because I have said these things to you, sorrow has filled your heart” (John 16:6)
- Vengeful. “Never pay back evil for evil to anyone…Never take your own personal revenge, beloved, but leave room for the wrath of God…” (Romans 12:17, 19)
- Brooding. “Love does not take into account a wrong suffered” (1 Corinthians 13:5).
- Loss of Joy. “And I shall delight in Thy commandments which I love” (Psalm 119:47).
- A Critical, Judgmental Attitude. “You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother’s eye” (Matthew 7:5).
More from SDReader
- Dear John Letter to My Uterus — Jan. 25, 2012
- Diana Death: The Female Johnny Thunders — May 4, 2011
- The New Archaic: Kind of Like a Bonham and Yorke Bath — Oct. 6, 2010
- Two poems by Blaga Dimitrova — Aug. 18, 2010
- United Church of Christ — July 9, 2008