Jeff Smith 4 p.m., Sept. 23
June 28 Sudoku Contenders
- Susan Avery, Escondido, 6.
- Carl Baltrunas, Milpitas, 6.
- Bliss Beedle, Encinitas, 6.
- * Felix E Charfaurs, San Diego , 6. Limericks are hard to write, It's easier to fly a kite, It's part of the game, No two are the same. I'm going to bed, goodnight!
- Joseph Ciprian, Little Italy, 6.
- Larry Clark, Clairemont, 6.
- Paula Davis, Spring Valley, 6.
- Patrick Driscoll, Santee, 6.
- George Elam, Vista, 6.
- * Cindy Fisher, San Clemente, 6. Twas a meeting that's resounded for years hence, Our founding fathers were all in attendance. Grievances they did note, And together they wrote, The Declaration of Independence.
- Richard Hutchings, Santee, 6.
- Roy E. Leeper, Chula Vista, 6.
- Ralph Levy, La Jolla, 6.
- John Markey, San Diego, 6.
- Hiroshi Miyazaki, Normal Heights, 6.
- Armand Nicholas, San Diego, 6.
- Jerry Noser, Bankers Hill, 6.
- Laura Owen , City Heights, 6.
- * Michael Rewa, Allied Gardens, 6. While writing a limerick is hard to do. Getting the prize is now difficult too. Since I did not get them anon, Ergo my prizes are gone. So after this limerick I'm through...adieu!
- Seratima Tkachuk, San Diego, 6.
- Jim Upshaw, Clairemont, 6.
- Susan Williams, North Park, 6.
- Ric Witt, Clairemont, 6.
- Jim Felix, Pacific Beach, 5.
- Martin Mucciarone, Carlsbad, 5.
- Mamma Oakley, Oceanside, 4.
- Regis Worley, Poway, 2.
- * C Welling, San Diego, 1. In San Diego we have the Reader, It's puzzles are often "Head-Beaters", I think I've solved one, But, now that it's done, How do they know I'm no cheater!
- Martha Awdziewicz, Clairemont, 6.
- David Brokiewicz, Spring Valley, 6.
- Debra Dunbar, Fallbrook, 6.
- Green Dave Gietzen, Sunset Cliffs, 6.
- William Stuart, Cardiff, 6.
- Lily Sun, Carmel Valley, 6.
- Brad Trafton, San Diego, 6.
- * Glade Newman, Imperial Beach, 5. Try as I might, Sudoku evil is a fight. It may be my age, That causes this rage. Or maybe it's just my sight.
- David Zoby, Pacific Beach, 3.
- Flo Abena, Rancho Penasquitos, 6.
- Larry Klages, Encanto, 6.
- Marc Richard, Banker's Hill, 6.
- Don Bowman, Santee, 6.
- Stacie Klages, La Mesa, 6.
- Jeff Loeb, San Diego, 6.
- Kendra E. Shaw, San Diego, 6.
- Nancy Teruya, Rancho Penasquitos, 6.
- Silvia Urban, Encanto, 6.
- Wayne Mathieu, San Diego, 4.
- L Barling, El Cajon, 3.