Dave Rice 1:30 p.m., April 20
Letters from the End of the World, Part One
(Page 3 of 3)
- Breed, Clara, “Americans with the Wrong Ancestors,” Horn Book Magazine, July 1943.
Daniels, Roger, Prisoners Without Trial: Japanese Americans in World War II, New York, 2004.
Estes, Donald H., and Estes, Matthew T., “Further and Further Away: The Relocation of San Diego’s Nikkei Community,” Journal of San Diego History, Spring 1993.
Hirasaki, Tetsuzo, letters, gift of Elizabeth Y. Yamada, Japanese American National Museum. (93.75.31G)(93.75.3EL)(93.75.31FK).
Oppenheim, Joanne, “Dear Miss Breed” True Stories of the Japanese American Incarceration During World War II and a Librarian Who Made a Difference, Singapore, 2006.
Tunnell, Michael O., and Chilcoat, George W., Children of Topaz, New York, 1996.
Interviews: Joanne Oppenheim, Joe Yamada, Lynn Eller.
Read Part Two
More from SDReader
- Big Screen Christmas Mailbag — Dec. 23, 2013
- Chula Vista exhibit documents WWII Japanese internment — May 15, 2013
- Letters from the End of the World, Part Two — Sept. 5, 2012
- A Great Escape, Part Two — March 14, 2012
- A Great Escape, Part One — March 7, 2012