When a Navy man woke up early on Thursday, April 21, at the Mariner's Cove Apartments, he noticed his car was not where he had left it the previous evening. When he went out to the parking lot to look for it, along came his car, driven by a young black man.

As he parked the car, the military man ran over and confronted the thief, who immediately began to make excuses before running off to the back of the complex. The Navy man called the police on his cell phone.

Upon arrival, police took a report. The description of the joy-rider sounded like a particular trouble-making resident to several of the people who were watching the scene unfold: the Navy man had commented that the kid who stole his car had "man boobs."

When the Navy man went to drive his car later that day, he looked down on the floor and found the thief’s wallet, including his picture ID.

Comments

SurfPuppy619 April 24, 2011 @ 6:05 p.m.

the Navy man had commented that the kid who stole his car had "man boobs."

Hhahah...

Gail Powell April 24, 2011 @ 7:04 p.m.

That comment turned out to be the ONE THING that identified the kid who stole the car before the Navy man found the wallet that was left in the car by accident. When it first happened, the police came & were asking for a description of the suspect. I overheard it & called a friend who is familiar with all the THUGS and GANG WANNABES that live there. I mentioned MAN BOOBS to her & she immediately told me who had them. I got an address & verified that Man Boobs lived there and called the police back with the info. By that time, the Navy man had driven his car & found the wallet with the kids Point Loma High School picture ID! This case WAS SOLVED initially by the MAN BOOBS designation! LOL

Grandpuba April 26, 2011 @ 12:23 p.m.

Now he will go to jail known as the Man-Boob Bandit. Too funny

becbeutler May 12, 2011 @ 8:56 p.m.

that "man boob bandit" is my friends ex boyfriend, what a looossseeerrr

SurfPuppy619 Aug. 15, 2012 @ 7:23 p.m.

Jonathan Chambers is in the Front Street jail, on 2 felonies. The 2nd felony is for committing a new crime while out on bail, what was he awaiting trial on???

Gail Powell Aug. 16, 2012 @ 8:32 a.m.

Jonathan Chambers has a long laundry list of crimes dating back to his juvenile period. I can tell you the ones I know about. He was arrested a few years back for heaving eggs at passing cars on West Pt. Loma Blvd. He likes to hang with his homies and smoke bongs in the parking lots of the complex. No matter that little kids are playing nearby at the playgrounds.

He makes a habit of driving by residents who he does not care for (such as myself) and yelling "fat bitch" and "f--- you" on a regular basis. He got mad late last year and put his fists through his own bedroom window, breaking it and scattering glass all around. He has been on house arrest and the management office has forbid him to "loiter." When his own mother tried to discipline him and threaten to send him off to live with his Navy father up in Washington state, Jon Chambers slit his wrists and went outside to rub his blood all over the neighbor's cars outside his home. Good riddance to bad rubbish, as my dear mother liked to say.

SurfPuppy619 Aug. 16, 2012 @ 3:13 p.m.

Glad to hear I'm not the only one who drops the infamous "F-bomb". Although I don't drop it on innocent people I don't care for-if I did I would not have time for anything else.

Why does the management allow this kind of conduct?? When I was going through grad school in Michigan several years ago the apartment complex did not rent to felons. If you have a felony conviction you were not allowed to rent from them, that goes a long way in keeping residents happy campers. Chambers sounds very troubled - lets hope he can turn his life around, which is going to take some doing it sounds like.