There was a DJ spinning records between the table of sushi and table of booze. He wasn’t so loud that we couldn’t have conversations.

My girlfriend went into the kitchen to look for a cup and came back saying there was a lot of craziness in there. I asked her what, and she replied, “I saw bodies being lifted up. And then I saw some clothes going up in the air. It was packed. I just turned around and walked back out. I think most of them were really drunk.”

About 15 minutes later, we decided to leave. Nick was by the garage, now with a different group of girls.

Comments

PistolPete Nov. 13, 2009 @ 12:05 a.m.

Josh? Learn to work a video camera or put the f***in' thing in the closet to collect dust.

Thank you.

redsoxfan Nov. 13, 2009 @ 1:57 a.m.

No drinking beer or sushi? Dude...really?

Josh Board Nov. 13, 2009 @ 9:32 a.m.

Yeah, well...I have the palate of a 10-year-old.

Crissyst Nov. 12, 2009 @ 2:02 a.m.

"His mouth was all over my long neck" hahaha!!! No way you just said that, Josh. I love it!! ;-)

And you don't do sushi. I am not surprised, KP.

DK Nov. 12, 2009 @ 9:16 a.m.

Hey Josh it's Denise!

Thanks for the article! Some pretty funny stuff there. I think the girl on the couch was Lisa, who is also in the picture. That is a weird looking pic of me :( I look squatty.

We're going to throw another party soon. Let me know if you have any good themes... I'm sure you've been to more parties than most.

Thanks again Josh!

Josh Board Nov. 12, 2009 @ 10:24 a.m.

Hey Denise, I'm convinced you think EVERY picture of you looks bad. I remember you wouldn't let me video you either.

Lots of great themes. But, you don't want to pick one like Super heroes, since you will only get a 25% participation rate. You'll get the guy with green and a ripped shirt who is Hulk, a Superman, a Clark Kent, and a Wonder Woman. And maybe one or two people that create their own crazy super heroe character. After that, nobody else will be dressed up.

People have done 80s themes, 60s, 50s, white trash, togo (did anyone ever do these before Animal House came out?)....

If you want more ideas, email me directly.

Great party.

bluenwhitegokart Nov. 16, 2009 @ 5:02 a.m.

Admit it, JB, your girlfriend wrote this article, didn't she? If not, she's having a negative influence on your writing. I don't mean that to dis her (or you), but it's definitely not the Josh Board "voice" I'm used to. By negative, I mean it sounds more like something a chick would say (ex: "we met this cute couple"), rather than something a guy would say. There's nothing wrong with being a chick - I prefer them, actually. Call me old fashioned, but a manly man like you should sound like a manly man, not a chick. End of the Hemingway-esque lecture on gender roles. ;o)

Steve

magicsfive Nov. 16, 2009 @ 6:54 a.m.

why? why can't josh say that he met a cute couple? seems to me, and i obviously can't answer for him, that he is comfortable enough within himself to say he met a cute couple. it doesn't surprise me at all. :)

Josh Board Nov. 16, 2009 @ 9:35 a.m.

hey bluenwhite...where have you been? Haven't seen ya around here in a long time.

You know what's funny? There was a party a few years back, and I wrote that there was this really good looking guy, and a few of my friends called and asked if I was turning gay on them. And I said "Why? Because I was describing a guy at a party? That's what I do. I describe things I see." One of them responded with "Okay, that's fine. Why describe the guy as good looking?" I said that he was, and the ribbing never really ended. I guess I figure...if I'm saying a woman is hot, or someone is pudgy, another person is tall...I'm describing what people look like merely to put a visual in the readers head.

I think the woman of the "cute couple" is one of the blondes shown in the picture. If memory serves.

(and hey...to keep my "manly" cred, I did write about a guy opening a beer bottle with his teeth!)

Russ Lewis Nov. 16, 2009 @ 10:29 a.m.

Gokart has a point, kind of: "cute" is a word that only chicks use in a certain way. Girls will describe a neighborhood, a joke, a pair of shoes, or a dress as "cute," and I have to remind them that the only things that are certifiably cute are girls, babies, little kids, baby animals, and bunny rabbits. Nothing else.

SurfPuppy619 Nov. 16, 2009 @ 10:52 a.m.

By JoshBoard

If the babe is super h-o-t then you should gives us guys the heads up with the phrase "bootylicious"...........

SurfPuppy619 Nov. 16, 2009 @ 10:53 a.m.

By russl

Cute post russl.

Josh Board Nov. 16, 2009 @ 1:10 p.m.

David Letterman used to say "a handsome couple" which always sounded weird to me.

SurfPuppy619 Nov. 16, 2009 @ 3:29 p.m.

By JoshBoard

David Letterman is an idiot-and awful comedian/talk shop host/husband.

No one should quote that loser.

Josh Board Nov. 16, 2009 @ 4:38 p.m.

I like Letterman, but I like Conan more.

They just said on the morning news, that he moved out and got his own apartment. Yikes!

SurfPuppy619 Nov. 16, 2009 @ 6:02 p.m.

Conan is better than Letterman, but not nearly as good as Jay Leno-and none of them copmpare to Johnny Carson.

I like that guy Joel McHale who is doing Talk Soup on the E! chanel. They should get him to replace Conan.

Yea, the National Enquirer said Lettermans wife kicked him out and he got a loft somewhere in NYC. Serves the D-bag right.

PistolPete Nov. 16, 2009 @ 8:29 p.m.

Sounds like Letterman's wife was only in it for the money. What a shocker!!!! :-O

Josh Board Nov. 16, 2009 @ 11:24 p.m.

Well...Lettermans wife certainly wasn't in it for the money, as she spent 20 years with the dude.

Surf, are you kidding me? Jay Leno is the worst of all talk show hosts. He was a great stand-up comedian, but was absolutely horrible in the talk show format.

Even his man on the street interviews (Jay Walking) were bad. Here's an example of why. He would ask people who the Vice President was. And the person might respond with, "I don't know, I think Sarah Palin." And Leno would smile, shake his head and repeat the answer. He'd say "Sarah Palin? No, no sir, she's not the Vice President."

Well, if the humor of the bit is a regular person not knowing basic things about the country, let the answer be the punch line (Carson was the king at this). And, if his goal is to add some funny to the answer, which is also a fine approach, well...don't just repeat it!!! You have to say, "Yes, it is Sarah Palin. Obama has an office in the White House, but she chose an office in her hometown of Alaska, so she can keep an eye on those pesky Russians!"

SurfPuppy619 Nov. 17, 2009 @ 4:01 p.m.

JB, Leno is light years ahead of Letterman, and the ratings proved it.

Leno was #1 for at least 95% of the time they competed head to head, and Letterman was usually relegated to 3rd place for most of that time.

Josh Board Nov. 17, 2009 @ 7:41 p.m.

Ratings prove ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. They proved middle-America liked jokes being told, where Leno EXPLAINS things to them. I rememberh him once saying something like, "So...there was a hunting accident with Dick Cheney..he's the vice president..."

It took all the momentum out of the joke, to have to explain who the VP was!

But you know what? Those same people that make Leno win in the ratings, are the ones that make the movies number one, that no critic recommends.

Russ Lewis Nov. 17, 2009 @ 9:41 p.m.

"It took all the momentum out of the joke, to have to explain who the VP was!" In that situation, having to explain something that obvious to the audience WAS the joke, or a joke within a joke. I've seen him do it a hundred times.

But you're right, partly. It breaks down like this:

Letterman: Not funny at all but not supposed to be. He's unfunny, so that makes him hip, and hip makes him superior to Leno.

Leno: Great staff of writers; a comic who can deliver a joke great and then kill it every time. Leno tells a joke fine and then kills it by milking it -- not explaining it, milking it. So many times I wanted to tell him, "Just tell the joke!!!" Over and over, the writers made me laugh out loud and then Leno made me cringe.

Conehead O'Brien: On his old show, his entire shtik could be summarized as "I'm weird. I'm so weird. Look at how weird I am. Isn't that funny? I'm so weird." He somehow got the Tonight Show gig, and Leno took all his good writers with him.

The Scottish Guy: Strange, convoluted, stream-of-consciousness monologues that are funny once you understand his humor.

I guess nowadays I only catch the musical acts on the late-night shows.

PistolPete Nov. 17, 2009 @ 9:49 p.m.

Late-night TV has always sucked. Daytime TV has always sucked. Prime-time TV hasn't always sucked but reality TV has killed Prime-time so now it too sucks. Tv, in general sucks. As I write this, I'm watching FTS on TRU TV. It's a repeat from last week. I think this week's episode is next. I'll find out in 15 minutes. If it's not football or some true crime show, I'm usually watching the corporate news trying to discern the fact from the bulls***.

Russ Lewis Nov. 17, 2009 @ 10:14 p.m.

"TV, in general, sucks." You just figured that out?

P.S. to #23: Puppy's right, Carson shuts 'em all down.

PistolPete Nov. 17, 2009 @ 10:20 p.m.

R.I.P. Johnny :-( He was the only one I've liked.

Josh Board Nov. 18, 2009 @ 12:19 a.m.

Sure, Carson was the best. But..does that mean if someone is talking about Yao Ming today, you can say "Oh, Wilt Chamberlain and Kareem were much better centers."

The Scottish guy (Craig Ferguson) is great at interviews and being funny, but the openings are usually weak. As her his bits.

Conan does play up the "I'm weird, got weird hair, I'm pale...so laugh when I make goofy faces." But he delivers the goods. He really is funny. And a great comedic writer (wrote great bits for SNL and Simpson's)

PistolPete Nov. 18, 2009 @ 12:45 a.m.

I know how to make really awesome omeletts, Josh. Chef Boyardee I'm not.

SurfPuppy619 Nov. 18, 2009 @ 8:20 a.m.

By JoshBoard

Sorry JB, Conan is average. Don't be average.

Joel McHale from "The Soup" is much funnier, and I WISH he was doing the "Tonight Show"

Josh Board Nov. 18, 2009 @ 10:27 a.m.

Joel McHale rocks. He was great in the movie Informant, too!

Conan did some amazing comedy at Harvard, too.

SurfPuppy619 Nov. 18, 2009 @ 10:45 a.m.

Yes, McHale is a crackup.

What you don't realize about McHale, or Conan, is that they are both TALL guys-6'4. Not until you see them standing next to someone do you get a perspective on how tall they are.

McHale actually played college football at Wathington, played tight end, which is basically a lineman postion.

Josh Board Nov. 19, 2009 @ 1:13 a.m.

McHale isn't nearly as funny as the more sarcastic, former late night (and ESPN) host Craig Kilborn. Also a tall bloke, who played some college basketball.

PistolPete Nov. 19, 2009 @ 11:18 a.m.

My favorite host when it was Talk Soup was Hal Sparks.

SurfPuppy619 Nov. 19, 2009 @ 11:58 a.m.

I think ALL of the "Talk Soup" hosts have been really, REALLY ghood. Hal Sparks was great, as was Aiesha Tyler, Joel McHale and John Henson-all very fuinny hosts and the show has certainly withstood the test of time, since it has been on TV for close to 20 years now.

For pure Eye Candy I love watching "Attack of the Show" on the G4 Network, with SUPER HOT Olivia Munn. She is so smoking I don't care what is on the show!

PistolPete Nov. 19, 2009 @ 12:05 p.m.

Sorry. I was thinking of John Henson, not Hal Sparks. Hal was pretty funny but Skunk Boy was bar none, hands down the master at making someone look stupid.