I was confused, since I have heard that song on the radio before but never read about it being banned.

As I was leaving, the turkey guy started yelling, “The bird is done! You’re not gonna leave here without trying any.”

I told him I hate eating fried foods because I’m watching my weight. And fried turkey sounded gross. He kept insisting. At so many parties, people want me to try a drink they mixed or a weird food they cooked. At least this wasn’t a cow eye or chocolate-covered hissing cockroach. I tried a piece of turkey and thought it was okay. But it needed mashed potatoes and gravy.

Comments

rickeysays Aug. 27, 2009 @ 3:25 a.m.

Turkeys ARE great cooked this way, but I also wonder what it does to the healthy-ness of it. Does the oil cancel out the advantage of lean meat to start with? Anybody know?

Josh Board Aug. 28, 2009 @ 1:09 a.m.

Yeah, I always wonder about stuff like that.

A buddy I see a lot of movies with, would make fun of me for eating Raisinettes. I told him I eat those, because they're "good for me." He claims they aren't. And my take is...raisins are good for you. And sure, the chocolate might not be (except a little bit for your heart or whatever they're saying now)...but that hardly takes away from all the good qualities the raisins have. He disagrees.

We need a doctor to chime in on this.

rickeysays Aug. 28, 2009 @ 2:05 a.m.

The concern with the raisinettes is the calories. They're OK otherwise. I'm not so sure the turkey still is.

Josh Board Aug. 28, 2009 @ 10:20 a.m.

I'm no doctor (although I play one on this website)...but I'm guessing the turkey would still have SOME of it's healthy qualities, but the skin (since it would be deep fried), would be horrible for you.

But even doctors go back and forth on such things. There will be a report that cooking vegetables takes away all the nutrients as opposed to eating them raw.Then a report will come out a few years later, saying that it actually isn't as bad as they thought, etc.

When it comes to reports like that, I think eggs have gotten the worst rap.

SurfPuppy619 Aug. 29, 2009 @ 12:46 p.m.

“BBQ for Boobies.”

After watching that Video I am sueing for fraud.

Should have been named “BBQ for Raisins”, or “BBQ for Mosquito
Bites.”

JessBecause Aug. 29, 2009 @ 2:33 p.m.

Hey Josh, it's Jess, the co-host from the "BBQ for Boobies".

I just want to make sure your readers know that our party was a fundraiser event to raise money for the 3-Day Breast Cancer Walk here in San Diego on November 20th of this year. Thanks!

David Dodd Aug. 29, 2009 @ 2:56 p.m.

"After watching that Video I am sueing for fraud.

Should have been named 'BBQ for Raisins', or 'BBQ for Mosquito Bites.'"

I thought the girls were very sexy. Surfpuppy, for SHAME!

SurfPuppy619 Aug. 29, 2009 @ 5:50 p.m.

Oh, I'm not saying they were not sexy, I just expected more in the....... errr......"boobies" department.

David Dodd Aug. 29, 2009 @ 5:56 p.m.

Dude, more than a handfull is... well, you know.

Josh Board Aug. 31, 2009 @ 9:11 a.m.

The way I am...I was just salivating and not taking my eyes off the boob cake!