I didn’t want to sound as if I was back in high school but emailed Jim again to ask if any women made it back to the “castle.” Jim responded, “It’s easier to get into the Playboy Mansion than it is to get into the P.B. Castle. I live in a quiet neighborhood, and I intend to keep it that way. But B.K. escorted the girls inside very quietly. We went to the upper deck, where there’s a view of the ocean and the bay. The girls seemed to become less inhibited. A few went upstairs to the master bedroom to pose for photographs, and downstairs some of the girls got the stick-on tattoos and made various gestures for the camera. I know you’re probably looking for something a little more scandalous, but it was all just pure fun.”

Comments

sdmomof3 April 10, 2009 @ 10:38 a.m.

You're right SurfPuppy619 the PB Millionaire is a real comedian!! He is a good friend of mine & has a great sense of humor, all of his events are a blast! I also love the fact that gives to so many charities, he is a real down to earth type of guy. What a neat article, I hope all of you enjoy reading it as much as I did.

RealityCheck April 10, 2009 @ 1:07 p.m.

The PB Millionaire is like Ferris Bueller "a righteous dude!" I met him before. He is just like you and me except with lots of $$$. I've been lucky enough to have been in the PB Castle. And it was a lot harder to get in than the Playboy Mansion! If you want to become successful just read his blogs: http://www.blogger.com/home?pli=1

SurfPuppy619 April 10, 2009 @ 1:24 p.m.

By sdmomof3

HI PB Dork!

You're still Joke Central!

SurfPuppy619 April 10, 2009 @ 1:25 p.m.

By RealityCheck

Hey PB Dorkus- how many "gimmick" accounts are you going to create??

Not fooling anyone here bud.

shopaholic2009 April 10, 2009 @ 1:42 p.m.

What is it with everyone slating this guy. I have never seen a negative comment from someone who has been to his parties and even this journalist didn't say anything bad about him so he really cant be that bad of a guy! He's just living it up, no wonder he get so many envious comment. P.S. Who says "Dorkus"!! Really?

SurfPuppy619 April 10, 2009 @ 5:56 p.m.

By shopaholic2009

Jeeezzzeee PB Dorkus-how many gimmick accounts are you going to open up to pat your dorkus self on the back??????????

I mean seriously.......give it a rest.

BTW-have you seen this yet????I almost died of laughter!!...............;

Denice L. says:

He has bad taste in architecture. -- Denice L. says:

Instead of having a reality show, he shoudl have a reality check. -- Denice L. says:

Botox does not work for everyone, either.

PBM, age naturally, you look like a melting wax man. Its not too late. -- Ryan "OMGWTFBBQ" E. says:

This gets stranger by the day.

He obviously is hurt by all the bad energy that people have been giving toward the idea of a castle-living, money-flashing, friend-buying, "yes-its-real" -claim ing, narcisism-infused ego which defines an extreme of this city.

... but its ok because he has compassion for us all. How could he achieve such understanding, you may ask?

According to his blog, as a teenager, he "learned to meditate from a great Indian master".

Hahaha... I have visions of the "Love Guru".

Josh Board April 10, 2009 @ 11:33 p.m.

Well, my logic is this. When I write about a party, I try not to attack anyone. In the past, I can recall doing it a few times. Once at a party with a bunch of women during the last episode of Sex and the City. They were mean, so I went on the attack.

And, the people from that 80s party about 8 months ago...they felt I attacked them, because I said it was a low turnout and nobody seemed to be dressed up, as I was instructed to do.

I think Jim had his good points and bad. But the story was about the party, the people, etc. It's not to sit there and do a personal attack on someone. I think people can make the decision on a persons character based on what is written, videos, etc.

PB_Millionaire April 11, 2009 @ 2:05 p.m.

Josh, thank you for writing such a good article. I liked the way you included my staff too. BTW: Those positive comments posted above are from my friends and staff. They actually are the ones that brought my attention to this board. We think it’s hilarious that someone thinks I sit at my computer creating fake accounts. Some of us actually have a life.

One of my assistants told me about something on Yelp where they were talking about my "rented tuxes" and about me "wearing a wig" or something. Keep ‘em coming - they're very entertaining!

We are all amazed that people would actually take the time and energy to create so much hate. I remember reading about a celebrity who once said something to the effect: "I know when my career is on the brink when I stop hearing from haters." In other words, he measures his success by the number of haters.

So let the hate flow. If that is what is in your heart - let it out. You will feel better. It's like having a good cry. Then you can move on to more important things.

I say this in advance because I can foresee it all coming. I'm not here to defend myself. Why bother? I remember something my Master told me in regards to this kind of negativity. "What does an elephant do when he is bothered by all the ants crawling over his body? He just rolls over."

I do, however, want to take this opportunity to publicly thank my lovely staff for their support. I am so full of gratitude for the people in my life; so very appreciative for all that I have; so grateful for love in my heart; so thankful for this amazing life!

People ask me what kind of experiences I have after 30 years of meditating. It's hard to put into words but this video clip from the movie "American Beauty" is a hint:

jensd09 April 11, 2009 @ 2:47 p.m.

Great comment Jim! Thanks for the great party last night. We had a staff BBQ at the castle and met some girls interested in working for us. It was a lot of fun! Great time had by all!

pete78 April 12, 2009 @ 9:40 a.m.

The word "tool" doesn't even begin to describe this guy.

towelheadedcameljockey April 12, 2009 @ 11:26 a.m.

Doesn't the fascination of living in a castle fade away after one's 6th birthday? I can't understand what's the draw in buying a home then building some fake castle front/top. All I can come up with is that in some twisted way he thinks it shows how important or "king like" he is. And, it's funny that the same person who preaches meditation, letting go of negativity and so on, needs to flaunt their riches in such an obvious and pathetic way. Embracing Zen, doesn't include flaunting who you are or what you own. Just because you were some little kid who didn't have a lot of money, things, or friends, it still doesn't excuse rockin this behavior today. You're an adult, who obviously has an education, you should know better then this. This is exaclty the same thing that a handful of short guys do, by buying the huge truck they need a step ladder to climb into and bulking up on steroids to show us how big they really are.

Josh Board April 12, 2009 @ 4:05 p.m.

On a side note: late last night I saw on TV, one of those shows that catches criminals on camera, and I saw the security guy from the PB Millionaire. It was the footage of that newscaster (I believe in La Jolla), trying to interview a woman about some property, and she calls a guy over that proceeds to beat up the cameraman. I saw a picture of B.K. and said "Hey, that looks like the security guard working with the PB dude," and then they said his name. I believe the cameraman said B.K. "saved my life." Cool stuff.

Regarding a house that looked like a castle, it wouldn't be my choice. Although, I can't say I'd turn down one of those old German or Irish castles I see on acres of mountain top land.

JulieParrots April 12, 2009 @ 7:07 p.m.

In response to post #12, Yea you brought up a very good point about meditation and living that type of lifestyle dosent make sense to flaunt "riches" throughout the city just to make a "point" of who you are. Instead of spending "hard earned" money on women at bars, et, al. One should be a donor to children's hospital or help build a school for the inner city youth or even an after school programs for the less fortunate kids to be a part of.

ReadrerSuxx April 13, 2009 @ 2:55 p.m.

U serious? This a St. Patrick's Day party (March 17), featured in the current issue. Out of touch, much? What's worse, is that City Beat actually did a better (and funnier) profile on this dude and his parties, months ago: http://www.sdcitybeat.com/cms/story/detail/night_owls/7657/

Josh Board April 14, 2009 @ 12:45 a.m.

Wow, you're in such a hurry to log on and create an account you can't even spell properly.

In one of the crasher columns previously, a lot of people asked me to seek this guy out and hit one of his parties. So I did that.

I'm sure CityBeat had a good piece on him. They have a few good writers. It's a shame nobody reads it.

Peace.

SurfPuppy619 April 14, 2009 @ 10:08 p.m.

By joshb

The guy that jumped on the bully in that Fox News Reporter clip was a big black brother-is that who BK is???

Josh Board April 15, 2009 @ 1:19 a.m.

Yes, that's B.K. And, I was surprised he didn't tell me that story, as I was asking him for some crazy moments as security. Although, maybe he wasn't thinking that, as he was a neighbor, not doing "security" at that moment.

But geez, isn't that footage insane? That one guy just starts throwing some hardcore punches.

It was funny watching it with my girlfriend, because she sometimes claims I'm racist, so we have this running joke where if I meet a black person...whether that's on the basketball court or at a party, I say "Hey...I have a new black friend, I can't be racist."

And, I had such an interesting conversation with B.K. that I said that to her regarding him. So, when we were watching and that clip came on, I said "Hey...there's B.K."

I didn't really think it was him. Just a brother with dreads. Then they said his name and we both started laughing.

Sunny_C May 22, 2009 @ 8:14 a.m.

Millionaire! Pfft! Then why is his house in foreclosure?