Also, the letter from Connor Lastowka (October 30) referring to Josh Board’s “Crasher” column as “deadening affairs of soul-crushing tedium” and “life-sapping diversions into Mr. Board’s own affairs” was truly laugh-out-loud funny, but I simply didn’t agree with his opinions (it’s weeks later and I’m still laughing!). I too was scratching my head the first few times I read Board’s column. The content didn’t seem to match the concept, but whatever limits Mr. Board might have, I came to look at the column from a true outsider’s (a party crasher’s) point of view. And I gradually started to look forward to his column as well, bad grammar and all.

Mr. Lastowka is obviously a gifted writer, and I think it would be interesting to get his perspective of some of the same parties Josh Board goes to. I bet they’d be hilarious.

P.S. Don’t let me forget Brizzolara, a gifted writer as well. His candor and insight compete with good beer for entertainment value!

Frank Waller
Mission Beach

No, No, No

Once again, I am disturbed by Mr. Bauder’s column (“Moon Dust,” “City Lights,” November 26). Is it being ghostwritten by Heidi? We can tell the difference. Please consider these corrections.

Saying that passing regulation had bad consequences. No, that’s because when you impose self-regulation this is a passive-aggressive intended consequence to squash smaller business by big business.

Saying the middle class needs a tax raise. No, all that is needed in California is for the 60 percent of corporations that pay no tax to pay their fair share and for rich individuals to pay their 2 percent income tax that Davis and Dems were looking for before Arnold and Diebold cheated the recall to oust them.

Saying that green business and jobs hurt the low income. What a bizarre idea. This will create jobs and, in any case, is necessary not to change the weather and bankrupt us all.

Saying there’s no other alternative to bailouts. That’s wrong. The Republican head of FDIC gave a modify mortgages plan that was rejected and is exactly what the people need, as opposed to the tax-stealing corporations.

Saying you have no alternatives for consumer debt. How about stopping banks from pushing credit cards, making realtors lower prices, and making corporations cut exec pay and excessive profits for starters.

Saying that the country has gone back and forth from liberals to conservatives except in Clinton. Yeah, that’s because the neocons have been cheating elections and taking over media to squash any dissent.

Anytime someone tries to make equality in America, they are punished by the corporate invisible army. Teddy Roosevelt busted the trusts, and then they threw him out of the party. Franklin Roosevelt made jobs, and they tried to assassinate him. The Kennedys they did assassinate, along with King and maybe Lennon. Clinton they impeached. Obama is walking a tightrope of concessions and appeasements that disgust the true Democrats.

Please stop writing Republican-slanted articles like this one that send all the wrong messages. Please do not add to the propaganda by giving Republican lies and letting it stand as the truth.

Valerie Sanfilippo
San Diego

Comments

towelheadedcameljockey Dec. 10, 2008 @ 1:52 p.m.

I think it's ridiculous that Ramona DeRyan's letter for Dog Is My Co-Pilot is put on here.

She's not "setting any facts straight", she's giving more information about her and her band. If Josh Board had to write all of that, the whole article wouldn't be about the party, and would be a Musician Interview instead.

Do people not get that just because a paragraph or a photo is of or about them, that the entire column doesn't have to be devoted to them too? Hasn't the Crasher has always been about the party and not a free page of advertising for someone's business or band.

It would have been fine if she posted the comments in the actual online version of the article if she felt the need, but to write a letter to the editors .. well, seems absurd.

People gets plugs , yet they still want more. Amazing.

JulieParrots Dec. 10, 2008 @ 2:13 p.m.

I agree with post #1. It seems to me that everyone who makes a complaint about Josh's article is almost always about plugging their business or their friends business.

Fred Williams Dec. 10, 2008 @ 3:43 p.m.

If you dislike Josh, you must agree to support a worthy San Diegan.

That's the reason all you disgruntled readers must immediately send generous donations to my newest philanthropic organization.

The Fine Food For Fred Fund (FFFFF) is a charity set-up to provide much needed fine dining to a deserving and worthy recipient. Every day, the FFFFF raises money so that this wonderful man can be treated to sumptuous buffets, scrumptious brunches, and candlelight dining at San Diego's best eateries.

When you donate your cash, checks, money orders, or credit card payments to the FFFFF, you'll have the satisfaction of knowing you've helped Fred make it through another difficult day by filling his belly with the tastiest delicacies this town has to offer.

So, if you have a beef with Josh Board and his Crasher column, all you have to do is send your money directly to me.

Fine Food For Fred Fund c/o Fred Williams 55555 Homeless Street San Diego, CA 90210

BTW: If you find that writing your check or money order to the Fine Food For Fred Fund takes up too much space, then feel free to make them out to our sister organization, the Christian Alliance for Spiritual Hope (CASH).

JulieParrots Dec. 10, 2008 @ 11:16 p.m.

Yes that's right. I Julie Parrots am sending my donation of $666 US dollars to support Reverend Fred Williams at the Christian Alliance for Spiritual Hope (CASH). May peace be with you Reverend Fred Williams. ;)

Fred Williams Dec. 11, 2008 @ 4:36 a.m.

Bless you, my child, for you have sinned...and I hope we'll be doing it again real soon.

Yours in faith,

Rev. Dr. Fred "Holy Roller" Williams Pastor/Rector Christian Alliance for Spiritual Hope

JulieParrots Dec. 11, 2008 @ 5:07 a.m.

I must now go into confession Rev. Dr. Williams....

ramonaderyan Jan. 7, 2009 @ 6:51 p.m.

My sincere apologies to Josh Board for my comments to the Editor being published as a "Letter to the Editor". I did not intend for that to happen. I didn't realize that my email to the Editor, which was done online, was really a "Letters to the Editor" piece! I was merely trying to pass on the correct facts about me, my work, and my family, to just the Editor, which I figured would be passed on to the author! I admit my ignorance to the process of submitting public "Letters to the Editor" in an online platform, for I would NEVER publically embarrass an author by pointing out misinformation or lack of fact-checks. I do not self-promote or "plug", and only wanted the staff to consider doing a piece on Albie's Beef Inn because it has so much character! Again, because I didn't know this was going to be published, I had no intention of making any of this about me. Again, Josh Board, my most sincere apologies. I will learn the song, "My Funny Valentine" just for you! :) ~Ramona