Posted by Stephen M. Bessette on 12/1/07, 10:36 a.m.

Ken, Thanks for your mention in "Blurt," but I need to make some corrections: KRTM will indeed be building a new tower on Mt. Palomar, but it is a licensed upgrade for our current channel 88.9 FM, not 96.9 We do currently have a licensed FM translator in the San Pasqual area, but that's very small and has been on the air since April. Also, construction will not begin until later in 2008, so we obviously won't be on the air by the end of 2007.

Thanks!

Steve Bessette

General Manager

KRTM Radio

Posted by FRSD 96.9FM DJ on 12/2/07, 7:42 p.m.

Wow look Ken got it wrong again. Just so everyone knows, at 96.9FM we have a strict "NO KEN LEIGHTON" policy. Not only did he try to expose one of our DJs publicly because he was butt hurt that we wouldn't do interviews with him anymore, but he always distorts the truth.If you want to know anything about us, please email us or get in contact via our website (www.pirate969.org). And to Steve Bessette, please contact us if you ever have any interference concerns as we'll gladly work with you.

Cover Story

Published November 28

Posted by Hijo de Santo on 11/28/07, 11:46 p.m.

I don't know about this story, but love all the botox and booby enhancement ads in the reader. Say it to my face at punkboardnews.com

Posted by poe on 11/30/07, 10:12 a.m.

Doing drugs gets you famous! I'm going to start immediately.

Posted by two more tumors on 11/30/07, 11:19 a.m.

couldn't this have been summed up in a paragraph in 'Blurt'? If only Squire couldn't legally obtain crack pipes, he'd never have gotten into this mess! Oh Government, won't you please shut down every smoke shop in town to prevent another dumbass from hurting himself?!?

Posted by Puckett on 11/30/07, 7:54 p.m.

Trolling punk board and MySpace is one thing, but all y'all need to find a hobby like knitting or something because trolling The Reader's site is like competing in the Special Olympics.

Crasher

Published November 28

Posted by marco on 11/29/07, 12:28 p.m.

Josh, your portrayal of Pacific Beach (although accurate) is not helping the cause to bring beer back to the beach. Please realize that you may have more influence than you think.

Restaurant Review

Published November 28

Posted by Samurai Jim's Mom on 11/30/07, 8:07 a.m.

My husband and I read the restaurant review. What a writer she is!! We enjoyed reading it, and I want to send the highest comment that I can write. Tell Naomi BRAVO. She captured the evening in words. What a talented person. She holds the readers attention and really makes you want to have the same dining experience. It was such an honor to be asked to be there and what an experience I had. I used to read a restaurant review in Northern California where we used to live because I love to experience great tasing and properly prepared food. Anyway, when we are San Diego sometime I want to see Naomi again to thank her personally.

Diary of a Diva

Published November 28

Posted by Jerrianne Harland (from MoPA) on 11/30/07, 11:42 a.m.

Barb -- Now I have yet another reason to write to you. Your terrific Dad. At first meeting at the museum, I fell into adoring mode -- he reminded me so of my own Pop. He brought his entire self to each meeting, the last being this past late spring outside the Minge in Balboa Park. I heard a familiar voice call my name, turning to the sound I found your sweet father. How nice for me to see him once again before leaving San Diego. I have been following you and David around the world with delight at your adventures. Thanks for the memories of you both at MoPA and for continuing to be a touchstone to SD. Recently I saw David's photo art on a decorating show on HGTV -- a great surprise! Your loyal reader in New Mexico

City Lights, by Don Bauder

Published November 28

Posted by Tony St. John on 11/28/07, 11:55 a.m.

Don, its too bad the San Diego scientific community doesn't create a new corporation to produce solutions to the climate change problems we are experiencing already, including drought, firestorms and water shortages as opening scenarios in the new age of global warming. If the latest IPCC report is really to be believed and supported by the public, the scientific community must start making the right things happen with the required sense of urgency. Unfortunately, the way things stand in the scientific community, what President Eisenhower said in 1961 is still correct today: "The prospect of domination of the nation's scholars by Federal employment, project allocations, and the power of money is ever present -- and is gravely to be regarded."

Posted by Tony St. John on 11/29/07, 4:11 a.m.

Don, the key part of Ike's concern about "domination of the nation's scholars" because "the power of money is ever present -- and is gravely to be regarded" applies not only to scientists but to political corruption as you keep documenting. Thus the gravest consequence we are experiencing today is that scientists have not formed corporations to eliminate carbon dioxide producing energy sources because our politicians are also dominated by the fossil fuel burning special interests, so we have now experienced firestorms in 2003 and 2007 as a new way of life in San Diego. And the bottom line is that all of our local, state and federal politicians continue to fail the tests of leadership and our scholars continue to fail humanity.

Posted by Tony St. John on 11/29/07, 1:04 p.m.

P.S. A worst case study of the "domination of the nation's scholars" by "the power of money" is provided by what appears to be your favorite poster boy John Moores. As you recently documented John "abruptly" resigned as a UC regent shortly after his UC President, physicist and poster sychophant Robert Dynes also resigned. Together they perpetuated over 50 years of UC H-bomb production to control humanity, and most recently produced UC's infamous oil alliance with BP to sell out what may have been left of UC's integrity. The most hideous consequence is UC's continuing failure to dedicate resources required to produce controlled fusion for over 50 years that could have prevented accelerating droughts, firestorms and water shortages in San Diego, as well as preventing global warming tipping points. So good old John boy sold out UC integrity, San Diego quality of life and humanity, giving trifecta a whole new meaning for continuing to maximize his fortune at our expense.