San Diego Even with a Republican majority in the U.S. Senate, tax legislation and judicial nominees could be blocked by a filibuster.
How many votes are needed to overcome a filibuster?
2. The audio message attributed to Osama bin Laden released on November 12 was broadcast...
A. only in Cairo
B. only in Riyadh
C. in a deliberate leak to CIA operatives
D. throughout the Arab world
3. New district attorney Bonnie Dumanis tried how many murder cases as a prosecutor?
4. The current ratio of Democrats to Republicans in the California State Assembly is...
5. Since 1997, the city has paid the Chargers how much in ticket-guarantee reimbursements?
A. $100 million
B. $50 million
C. $40 million
D. $25 million
6. The 2004 Democratic convention has been scheduled for what city?
B. San Diego
7. Clear Channel owns or operates how many radio stations in San Diego and Tijuana?
8. The last U.S. Senate candidate to concede in the 2002 elections was...
A. John Thune
B. Walter Mondale
C. Mary Landrieu
D. Doug Forrester
9. The U.S. Senate recently confirmed Judge Carol Lam as San Diego's new...
A. Border Patrol chief
B. regional FBI director
C. U.S. Attorney
D. Indian affairs mediator
10. Governor Gray Davis beat challenger Bill Simon by what percentage of the vote?
A. 2 percent
B. 12 percent
C. 10 percent
D. 5 percent
11. On November 7, the Federal Reserve Board reduced the discount rate at banks to...
A. 1.25 percent
B. 2.25 percent
C. .75 percent
D. 1 percent
12. Which California town recently began the first disposable-diaper recycling program?
A. Palo Alto
B. San Luis Obispo
D. Santa Clarita
13. William Webster recently resigned his position as the head of the...
A. Accounting Oversight Board
B. Securities Exchange Commission
D. Federal Communications Commission
14. The Vatican initially rejected the U.S. bishops' "zero tolerance" policy for priests involved in sexual abuse because...
A. the policy was written in the United States
B. the policy removed the right of a veto from the Pope
C. the policy denied accused priests due process
D. the Vatican favors a "three strikes and you're out" policy
15. How many districts are represented on the San Diego City Council?
17. When the new U.S. Senate begins its new session in January, which of the following states will not have a female senator in its delegation?
A. South Dakota
C. North Carolina
D. New York
18. The age of compulsory education in California is between...
A. 5 and 16
B. 6 and 16
C. 5 and 18
D. 6 and 18
19. How much public money is paying for the downtown baseball stadium?
A. $275 million
B. $100 million
C. $180 million
D. $300 million
20. There are several Indian casinos scattered throughout San Diego County. Which reservation does not currently have a casino?
D. Los Coyotes