Ken Leighton 5 p.m., Jan. 24
West of 5
Sound description: Covers classic to current rock.
RIYL: Heart, Journey, Santana, No Doubt, Toto, Jet, Neon Trees, Rolling Stones, Pat Benatar, Adele, Blondie, Franz Ferdinand, Finger Eleven, Amy Winehouse, Guns N Roses, Beatles, Train, Evanescence
Upcoming Local Shows
- Humphreys Backstage Music Club — Saturday, February 7, 5pm – 7pm
- Poway's Irish Pub — Friday, February 20, 9pm – 1am
- Gallagher's Pub & Grill — Friday, March 6, 9pm
- Cheers Bar & Grill — Saturday, March 14, 9pm – 1am
- Pounders — Friday, March 20, 9pm – 1am
- Pounders — Saturday, March 21, 9pm – 1am
Inception: San Diego, 2002
Influences: Heart, Journey, Santana, No Doubt, Toto
West of 5 has been rockin' the San Diego club scene since 2002. The band's sound has evolved over time to an eclectic mixture of classic to current rock.
At a West of 5 performance, you'll hear familiar top 40 favorites that move you to the dance floor. But West of 5 really gets great pleasure at digging up the "hidden treasures" not often heard on the radio, but are favorites on people's iPods. In any given set, West of 5 will bounce through the decades from the '70s to '00s. They have an extensive song list, which can vary based on the venue.