Various Authors 6:22 p.m., Sept. 24
Taxpayers Association's Political War Chest Grows
The San Diego County Taxpayers Association, a business lobbying and advocacy group whose board includes many prominent local Republicans, raised $15,690 for its political action committee in the final six months of 2011.
According to the group's campaign report, filed yesterday in Sacramento, donations included $5,000 from Atlanta, Georgia-based Cox Communications; $1,125 from Herzog Contracting Group of St. Joseph, Missouri; and $5,000 from private schools firm Bridgepoint Education of San Diego.
The PAC made no contributions and ended the year with $15,719 in the bank.
More like this:
- Irwin Jacobs bankrolls $2.8 billion San Diego Unified school bond campaign; Buzz Woolley opposes — Oct. 9, 2012
- Wealthy charter school advocate gives cash to interest group opposing San Diego school bond measure — Oct. 9, 2012
- State's Cop Unions, Big Labor Jointly Funded San Diego Police PAC Attack Against DeMaio — Aug. 6, 2012
- Fabian Núñez, David Malcolm, Labor and Corporate PACs All Gave Big to Vargas — July 20, 2012
- San Diego Chapter of American Civil Liberties Union Gives $100,000 to Anti-Death Penalty Campaign — July 19, 2012