Lawyer, Mother Convicted in Mortgage Scam
Orange County attorney Stephen K. Chrysler, owner and chief executive of Carlsbad's SKC Real Estate, and his mother, Carlsbad real estate agent Aida Agusti Castro, were convicted by a jury today (April 18) of running an $8 million mortgage scam largely in North County. Both were remanded immediately to federal custody; sentencing will be July 30. According to evidence presented at the trial, they made out false loan applications, including creating phony businesses that borrowers supposedly headed, and creating false rental histories with a sham management company as landlord.
More like this:
- Mastermind of $100 million mortgage scam gets 8 years — Sept. 30, 2013
- Mother-Son Scamsters Get Prison Sentences — Oct. 9, 2012
- This Time, Lochmiller Gets 33 Years — March 11, 2012
- Two More SD Specials: Ponzi, Real Estate Swindle — Sept. 22, 2011
- Countrywide's Mozilo To Keynote USD Real Estate Conference — Jan. 9, 2008