Astro Jump: DJ Pound and Nick Leng bring fresh beats to Whistle Stop
South Park venue to host Kill Quanti showcase of magic and yum.
In accord with the unspoken mandate that third Thursdays shall be the monthly stronghold for some of San Diego’s most forward-thinking fringe music nights (see: Makeout Weird, Liquid Geometry, Galactic Reign), Kill Quanti beat collective will be stuffing the Weird-sized hole at Whistle Stop (they kissed it goodbye a few months back) on Thursday, June 20 with a fistful of local mainstays alongside a promising up-and-comer.
KQ’s inaugural installation of Astro Jump will see the debut of new-kid-in-town Nick Leng, a 20-year-old producer from South Africa who, by way of San Francisco, now calls the Dizzle hizzle.
Smooth, atmospheric, driving – Leng hit the ground running with his first stabs as a beatmaker.
“It's nothing too extreme or anything,” says Kill Quanti cofounder Santino Romeri, “but we're all really enjoying the beauty and simplicity in his approach.”
Longtime local hard-hitter DJ Pound heads the bill.
Residents Gajit and Santino Romeri (Illuminauts) bring the support with eye candy artists Eagles Nest Collective.
More like this:
- The Most Hi EP: Kill Quanti greets new project — Sept. 14, 2013
- Kill Quanti: Jonwayne, Jeremiah Jae, Mndsgn, and more. — Aug. 10, 2013
- Ocean Beats: Ana Sia, Eprom, Grenier, Epcot, Mastah Syphe — June 20, 2013
- Moonside: experimental hip-hop and beat showcase at Kava Lounge — Jan. 21, 2013
- Halloween party: Gonjasufi, Skrapez, Crimekillz, and Batwings — Oct. 22, 2012