Kill Quanti's DJ Pound / eLan 10" Split Vinyl Release
Local instrumental hip hop and experimental beat label Kill Quanti is celebrating the release of a split 10" vinyl from San Diego staples DJ Pound and eLan with a party at the Kava Lounge featuring Philadelphia stuttered beat engineer Knxwledge.
eLan put San Diego's beat scene on the international radar last year after being picked up by Modeselektor's Monkeytown Records, with whom he's released three EPs and an LP and toured Europe last October.
The record is Kill Quanti’s second vinyl release following a March 2010 Illuminauts (labelhead Santino Romeri’s beatscape outfit) glow-in-the-dark 7” split with Single Screen Records.
$20 presale tickets went on sale today featuring an exclusive schwag package only available the night of the show (February 10) including the new 10” split with hand-screened art, one adult beverage, a Kill Quanti lighter, a show poster, handmade stickers, and a limited run of blue cassettes by old school San Diego beat makers Mr. Brady & AbJo, who say the Welcome to the City EP is an ode to their hometown.
$20 the night of the show includes entry, the 10” split, a show poster, and stickers.
“Kill Quanti exists to support independent creations by cognizant folks,” Romeri writes. “More are on the way. We appreciate the support we've received and hope you feel this is a worthwhile use of your time and money.”
More like this:
- Astro Jump: DJ Pound and Nick Leng bring fresh beats to Whistle Stop — June 19, 2013
- Mystery Cave and Killer Swan Release Ethereal Beat Cassette Package — May 9, 2012
- Goddess Alchemy Project at Kava's 7 Year Party Tonight - Cheb I Sabbah Benefit Tomorrow — Dec. 2, 2011
- Groovetube: Critical Beatdown Ate My Baby — Nov. 4, 2011
- Illuminaut Sonny Romeri Puts the Beat Down on San Diego's Music Legacy — Oct. 23, 2011