City's Latest Attempt to Thwart Kessler Suit Fails
The City of San Diego submitted a writ to the appeals court, claiming that Scott Kessler, who is suing the City over his firing, did not exhaust his remedies by going to the Ethics Commission before going to court. The appeals court will not hear the writ. Kessler believes his firing was related to the closeness of the mayor to Little Italy powerhouse Marco Li Mandri, who in turn is close to felon Joe Mannino. The FBI and a police investigator did a study indicating that Li Mandri and Mannino had committed fraud. The case was referred to DA Bonnie Dumanis, who did not proceed with it. Kessler says he was fired partly for cooperating with the FBI and police in their investigation.
More like this:
- Kessler Case May Be Headed for Settlement — Oct. 7, 2011
- Mayor Dodges Second Deposition in Kessler Case — Aug. 18, 2011
- Channel 10 Airs Mayor's Deposition in Crime Case Tonight — Nov. 10, 2010
- Did Sanders Order Detective Reprimanded? — April 5, 2010
- Mayor Sanders joins Marco LiMandri against conflict charges — March 3, 2010