Greenberg Leaves San Diego, Back on CNBC
Herb Greenberg has returned to CNBC, the business/market TV news channel, and departed North County. He is now living in Connecticut. For some time, he wrote a column for the Wall Street Journal and appeared on CNBC while living in North County. Then he left both and set up a research firm, remaining in the San Diego area. This morning, he gave a biting report on some corporate accounting -- his specialty. The CNBC anchor kidded him about leaving California. While he was writing columns, he incurred the wrath of one Patrick Byrne of Overstock.com, who was fighting short sellers in his stock. After Greenberg left TV and the Journal, Byrne boasted that Greenberg and his confreres had "crawled under rocks." That was never true, and now Greenberg is back on the air.
More like this:
- Herb Greenberg returning to San Diego for the weather — Oct. 5, 2013
- San Diego, haven for pyramids — Feb. 6, 2013
- San Diego’s best-known short seller, Barry Minkow — March 24, 2010
- Straight-Talking Financial Journalist Herb Greenberg Leaving the Field To Go into Research — April 24, 2008
- Hedge Funds, "Shorts," Deny Collusion — March 16, 2006