Local Lead Indicators Continue Rising
The lead indicators of the San Diego economy, compiled by Alan Gin of the University of San Diego, rose to 109 in March from 108 in February, continuing the uptrend that has been in force since April of 2009. Building permits, initial unemployment claims, stock prices, help wanted advertising, and the national economy all moved in a favorable direction in March. The only indicator falling was consumer confidence.
More like this:
- Gin's Lead Indicators Rise in May — June 30, 2010
- Local Lead Indicators Continue Rise — Dec. 2, 2009
- Local Lead Indicators Continue Modest Rise — Sept. 24, 2009
- After Long Drought, San Diego Lead Indicators Turn Up — May 28, 2009
- Lead Indicators of San Diego Economy Continue Steady Decline — Dec. 19, 2008