8:27 a.m., Oct. 23
The sun is out, the sky is blue, patios are rad, and so are you. But unless you’re fortunate enough to live in one of San Diego’s lackadaisical beach communities, finding businesses with sunny patios on which to enjoy a drink and some food can be a shady endeavor at best. Take me by the hand, oh tender lumplings, and let me take you to some of America’s Finest City’s raddest patios.
The patio at Monica’s at the Park coffee shop (Park and Adams) in University Heights is one of my all time favorites. Though the wi-fi connection can be spotty, Monica’s spacious back patio catches the best of the midday sun. High walls lend a sense of privacy to the space, which is home to ample foliage and a water fountain. Towering bamboo shoots and a corrugated tin shade structure lend a Central American vibe to the otherwise chill space.
Monica’s serves fresh pastries, breakfast burritos and sandwiches, soups, salads, bitchin’ paninis, and organic coffee.
“We have the paperwork in for beer and wine, also,” says Monica.
Monica’s at the Park – 1735 Adams Ave.
More like this:
- Movie Poster Rejects You've Never Seen: Jaws, Batman, Supergirl, more — May 22, 2012
- The Title or Trailer Game III: The List is Life — Feb. 2, 2012
- Comic-Con Days 1 - 4 Photo Funnies — July 25, 2011
- Rad Patio: Redwing on the Sabbath — July 4, 2011
- San Diego Ad Club Bash — June 3, 2011