Free Screening of the 10th Annual Youth Media Showcase
“Change lives through film.” Now there's a catchphrase we can all abide by.
No organization in our town does more to promote cineliteracy among youth than The Media Arts Center San Diego. In addition to the Latino Film Festival and their annual Summer Movie Camp, this year marks the tenth anniversary of their award-winning Teen Producers Project.
Students from Lincoln High School, Orange Glen High School, Universidad Autonoma de Baja California, and from throughout the county, have spent the past six months putting together digital stories and short documentaries spotlighting positive mentors in their communities and/or dealing with pertinent issues affecting the lives of many people in our San Diego – Tijuana Border Region.
The fruits of their labor will culminate in a free public screening of the 2001 Spring Teen Producers Showcase. The event will take place on Saturday, June 11th from 4:00pm – 6:00pm at the new Media Arts Center San Diego (2921 El Cajon Boulevard San Diego, CA 92101).
The program also includes a short recognition ceremony for the students, as well as complementary food and beverages. For more information call (619) 230-1938.
More like this:
- Lost gems of the ‘60s: Gates to Paradise (1968) with Jenny Agutter, Pauline Challoner — Nov. 27, 2012
- Merry Christmas from Your Pals at The Big Screen — Dec. 25, 2011
- Dream Theater December 1 @ Balboa Theater: Photos — Dec. 3, 2011
- Part 4: Famous Movie Poster Rejects You've Never Seen (Exclusive) — Nov. 30, 2011
- Movies Shot in San Diego: A Force of One (1979) — May 12, 2011