Joseph O'Brien 8 p.m., Oct. 18
This is a view looking up, underneath the 90ft. wing of a WWII era Liberator bomber airplane located on a hillside at Montgomery Waller Park, where John J. Montgomery made the first "controlled flight" in a glider on August 28, 1883. The wing from the bomber was installed in the park when it was dedicated in 1950. The park is named both for Montgomery, and Luckie Waller, who donated a parcel of land next to this site which was named for her son.
Posted June 1, 2011