The Medical Board of California has filed a second complaint against Falbrook's Anthony Steven Bianchi, M.D., who practices obstetrics and gynecology.

Anthony Steven Bianchi

Anthony Steven Bianchi

from vitals.com

According to an accusation filed May 5, Bianchi had been seeing a patient since 2004. According to the accusation, Bianchi had made suggestive remarks to the patient that she considered innocent flirtation.

But in a visitation in March of 2009, according to the accusation, Bianchi placed his fingers in the patient's vagina and a hand on her breast. He did this for ten seconds, "then pulled down his pants, exposed his erect penis, and said, 'Look what you do to me,'" according to the complaint. Then Bianchi sat on a chair and asked her to have sex with him, according to the Medical Board accusation.

She said she would not, and left, never to use his services again. In late 2013, the former patient "became aware that the board had filed an accusation against [Bianchi] for similar misconduct." So she filed the complaint with the board.

The website of the Department of Consumer Affairs states, under Bianchi's name, "A formal, public charge by the board alleging a physician violated the Medical Practice Act" has been filed. It is the result of a "fully investigated complaint that has been referred to the Attorney General's office for prosecution."

Bianchi got his medical degree from the University of Texas. In June of last year, according to the Texas Medical Board, Bianchi "entered into an agreed order of revocation, revoking Dr. Bianchi's Texas medical license and requiring him to immediately cease practice in Texas. Dr. Bianchi agreed to the revocation."

The Texas board noted that in 2013, the California board put him on probation for five years, during which he may not treat female patients. "This action was based on unprofessional conduct with two female patients."

Comments

swell June 5, 2015 @ 9:46 p.m.

My understanding is that doctors, lawyers & CPAs have professional organizations whose primary purpose is to protect them from public scrutiny. Try to get a record of complaints against a doctor, lawyer or CPA and you will get the runaround. Likewise if you try to examine the record of a stockbroker's success on behalf of his clients, you'll find nothing. It seems that while they have the protection of their professional organizations they are usually above the law and beyond your ability to evaluate.

Don Bauder June 6, 2015 @ 6:20 a.m.

swell: In this case, the California and Texas medical boards appear to be acting responsibly. The state bar and the state regulator of CPAs seem to move slowly at times.

This blog site follows the three regulatory bodies fairly closely. I would say that the members of the three professions are not considered above the law. Best, Don Bauder

TJAPPLEG8 June 6, 2015 @ 11:06 a.m.

Actually, disciplinary action against CPA is fairly transparent, contact the CA Board of Accountancy and/or CA Department of Consumer Affairs. If you have any problem with a specific request, I would be happy to assist you. Thomas J. Applegate, CPA (Carlsbad, CA)

Don Bauder June 6, 2015 @ 12:09 p.m.

tjapplegate: I get regular communications from the board, but it would be more convenient if you separately sent me disciplinary items from the board relating to San Diego County accountants. Best, Don Bauder ([email protected])

Visduh June 9, 2015 @ 9:43 a.m.

Wow. If there were any group of males who should be inured to the sight of the female anatomy, I'd think it would be ob/gyn docs. And yet the professional bodies have decided in a couple of "she said, he said" cases that the guy did, in fact, act very irresponsibly and unprofessionally. Sheesh! Who's a woman to trust if not her gynecologist?

Don Bauder June 9, 2015 @ 12:29 p.m.

Visduh: According to the accusation, Bianchi was wearing no gloves when he placed his thumb on the patient's clitoris and stuck his fingers in her vagina, while he had another hand on the patient's breast. Then he asked her to have sex with him. It was quite blatant, if the woman's account is true.

Yes, a woman should be able to trust her gynecologist. There are two complaints against Bianchi. Best, Don Bauder

Donna Feb. 18, 2016 @ 10:44 a.m.

Take this into consideration. Anthony Bianchi was a caring physician and an excellent surgeon. As one of his patients for over 10 years I can tell you that he was always complimentary to all of his patients. Some women, being that Dr. Bianchi was a handsome gentleman, may have taken it the wrong way. It's quite possible that these 2 women were extremely flirtatious with him, had a "crush" on him, and we aren't getting the entire story. Women can be vicious. Many are vengeful. Out of his hundreds (or probably thousands over the years) of patients these 2 women made complaints. Dr. Bianchi delivered my 2 grandchildren and I was there for one of them. He made the process so much easier for my daughter than it would have been otherwise and I believe he found joy in the process of each and every child he has delivered. Dr. Bianchi treated me for over 10 years, not limited to but including a major surgery. Not once did he allude to anything sexual with either me or my daughter and we are not unattractive women do don't even go there. It's very easy to run with something like this. I believe Dr. Bianchi's only crime was being too friendly with his patients but that was his personality. Maybe he did flirt with some of his patients. If this was the case then of course this is not the standard protocol for doctors and should have been dealt with, but I will NEVER believe that he sexually assaulted any of his patients. He was always genuinely concerned with the health and well being of our family.

Don Bauder June 9, 2015 @ 12:32 p.m.

Franco Zigarelli: Bianchi may have closed his office, but he still lists his location as Fallbrook with the Medical Board of California. Of course, he practices obstetrics and gynecology and can't take female patients. How does one do that? Best, Don Bauder

notmyday June 2, 2018 @ 1:58 p.m.

Hello I just joined this site today. I too loved dr Bianchi and his patient side manor he delivered 2 of my children and most of my friends kids as well, he is a good Dr in so many ways but he crossed to many lines i have known him since 1998 and he also turned my life upside down and crossed a patient Dr. relationship that should not have happened. I have quite the story on him but I need legal help to get this case brought forward do any of you know a good lawyer who can help me either because he helped other victims and knows what to do or a probno case since I don't have the funds to address this at this time. Thank you! I hope I hear something back from one of you.

mmstein34470 Sept. 19, 2018 @ 1:28 p.m.

I am sorry to hear you have been affected by Bianchi in a negative way. He was also my OB-GYN and delivered my son. I am saddened and shocked to hear that he was inappropriate with women such as yourself. I would contact the lawyers that argued the case back in 2014-2016. You can find the case filings by the California Medical Board on healthgrades.com to get details and information of the lawyers involved. You could also contact the Medical Board in California. Know that California gave him only a 5 year probation from treating women (from I think 2014, so he can start treating women again in 2019) and Texas completely revoked his license.
Try these links: https://www.healthgrades.com/media/english/pdf/sanctions/HGPYCBA21E3A84222369306142016.pdf https://www.healthgrades.com/media/english/pdf/sanctions/HGPYCBA21E3A84222369301172014.pdf https://www.healthgrades.com/media/english/pdf/sanctions/HGPYCBA21E3A84222369306272014.pdf

I hope that helps. Good luck.

Let’s Be Friends

Subscribe for local event alerts, concerts tickets, promotions and more from the San Diego Reader