Content for Monday, September 23, 2013
- Our Star Will Die Alone: an interactive heavy metal(s) band
- Dodgers get serious and take series from Padres
- Tale of two pairs of guilty brothers
- The Tacoburger: Part One
- SD hotel business up, but lagging coastal California cities
- Rodeo Daze-Cowboys and Drunk Indians
- Stock swindler sentenced to 15 years
- Ex-Qualcomm exec vp charged with insider trading
- How to save the world while dining out
- Coming this November: San Diego Indie Acoustic Original Artist Showcase
- Billboard cash attempts mayor's race influence
- San Diego home prices keep rising and remain very high
- There are spoiler alerts and then there's...
- Pharmacist loses license for stealing dangerous drugs
- Former Fallbrook Klansman involved in town takeover attempt
- Nuclear Regulatory Commission finds fault with Mitsubishi's calculations on failed San Onofre generators
- Golden Hill: Healthy brekky in the tree house
News & Stories
“Plenty of food, help yourself!”
I was working in Mira Mesa as an “internet specialist” at the time, calling over 200 real estate agents a day, trying to sell them advertising. I didn't have a lot of money one day, ...
The highly contested plan to build a casino in the rural East County community of Jamul has hit a new roadblock, as a local citizens’ group and area church have filed a lawsuit challenging the ...
It’s too bad they don’t give a Craig Noel Award for Audience of the Year. I sat in a sure nominee recently at OnStage. High school students packed the house. They hung on every word ...
Sullivan and Britten then Butterworth and Handel.
“I am the very model of modern major-general, I’ve information vegetable, animal, and mineral...” Who hasn’t heard this before? The text is from the Major General’s patter song in Gilbert and Sullivan’s *The Pirates of ...
The menu from brewery’s upcoming Little Italy venue
Earlier this month, I dished details about Ballast Point Brewing & Spirits’ upcoming combo research and development brewery, taproom, eatery, and beer garden in Little Italy. Today, I’m dishing on the dishes that the restaurant ...
Lorena Gonzalez, Humberto Peraza, and Machiavelli?
The Southwestern College Foundation held its annual gala on September 21. The cost for a seat ran from $200 to $15,000. The keynote speaker for the event was Nathan Fletcher, candidate for mayor of San ...