Content for Monday, June 10, 2013
- Strange Stage Stories from San Diego Musicians: Doriot Lair (The Dinettes), Joel Kmak (The Farmers, The Hitmakers), Michael Halloran (91X) and more...
- The Fleshtones at the Casbah
- La Jolla Symphony: A happy introduction (1 of 2)
- For-profit colleges exploit African-Americans
- Thai Island: Leaping shrimp!
- La Paz solar energy facility to be largest in Latin America
- Movies on the half-shell
- Army to award sole source contract to Chargers for Guard recruiting
- Castellanos Salutes Dinah Washington & Clark Terry
- CPUC commissioner proposes use of storage systems
- Fullerton lawyer who backed Alvarez gets free Padres tickets from city
- Latin America will soon have access to Sundance Channel
- The Divine Sister at Diversionary
- Toma Sol reborn as wine bar
- Obamacare and My Left Hip
- Tijuana police dogs live better than the average Mexican
- Big Bay Boom prepares to try again
- La Jolla residents fight demolition of 1920's Tudor beach cottage
- Shark Summer to launch at Birch Aquarium with study on local leopard sharks
News & Stories
Grantville family fermentorium to celebrate its debut June 28 & 29
Straight talk and homemade booze in the Eastern Bloc.
I hung out the other day with a 50-something-year-old Bulgarian bus driver named Boris. He'd taken one of my classes on a field trip, and I’d offered to buy him and the tour guide a ...
Every Saturday and Sunday until 7pm
The California State Parks opened the iron gates to Border Field State Park to the public Saturday and Sunday — the first time the park has been open for anything other than special events since ...
I had less than eight hours before my flight and I wanted to hike Matanuska Glacier, a two-and-a-half-hour drive each way from the Anchorage airport. It had been a fun weekend visiting friends, seeing the ...
Witnesses implicate a cohort of superintendent Brand
The preseason campaign games are upon the Sweetwater Union High School District. As early as June 4, “John McCann for School Board” signs dotted the roads that led to graduation ceremonies. Not to be outdone, ...
Reopening of Kumeyaay Lake, new fire station, and more
The June 10 San Diego City Council 2014 budget deliberations will include requests from two new councilmembers for funds to reopen the Mission Trails Regional Park campground known as Kumeyaay Lake. Fifth District councilman Mark ...