Content for Friday, August 9, 2013
- Linda Lovelace’s local adventures generated over 10 million San Diego dollars
- Was Filner's office bugged by long distance microphone?
- Soup with a view!
- JW 4: a night of Monk
- El Tigre Digital: Mamut Brewery Co. grand opening featuring Sonidero Travesura
- 21st Century Drummer: free clinic featuring Dan Harumi
- Opening this week: See Fecha de Caducidad at the Digital Gym before it expires
- Manchester-backed recall leader was sued by David Copley for trespassing
- Review: Elysium
- Retrial ordered in $1.5 million Oceanside sexual harassment case
- Boulevard murder/arson/kidnapping suspect's car found in Idaho
- Wingstop open in University Heights
- Rosarito y los surfos de tabla rota
- General Atomics reveals new nuclear reactor design
News & Stories
Relocation of police trailer in pier parking lot a hot issue
Doors were slammed and chairs seemed on the verge of being thrown at yet another O.B. Planning Board meeting regarding the temporary, yet seemingly permanent, police trailer in the Ocean Beach Pier parking lot. The ...
What do the following have in common: Alan Arkin, Melinda Dillon, Barbara Harris, Peter Boyle, Joan Rivers? Can’t say? Okay here’s a clue. What do they have in common with John Belushi, Bill Murray, Dan ...
Doing better here than in Illinois
A man leaning against the façade of God’s Extended Hand at 1625 Island Ave. — a religious soup kitchen — will talk to me. He will not reveal his name but a mutual familiarity with ...
San Francisco-based flugelhorn specialist Dmitri Matheny hit a three-hour L.A. traffic jam on the way to his Dizzy's gig, arriving in P.B. just in time to meet the local rhythm section of bassist Justin Grinnell ...
The Smith Westerns’ self-titled debut album came out when the Chicago-based band members were teenagers. Four years later, their naive garage-rock vibe is not so naive. The trio still has youth to its advantage but ...