Content for Friday, April 5, 2013
- Pig Out at SummerSalt
- Quoth The Pepper Squad, 'Nevermore.'
- Carlsbad 5000
- RA's Sushi Showdown
- We just got handed an envelope, man...
- In wake of Frye resignation, Mayor Filner declares Open Government project closed
- Nominate Your Favorite San Diego Craft Beer for the Sore Eye Cup!
- Geoffrey Keezer: solo piano April 9, @ Jazz Live
- Mayor Filner changes San Diego's title from "America's Finest City" to "Pleasantville" in response to New York Times article
- Report: Bilzerian, one-time Spanos associate, stashed bucks offshore
- Broke-down North Korean missile fails to hit busted-ass San Diego nuclear power plant
- A Call to Action
- Vomit at night run in the morning
- Suspects sought in Spring Valley attempted kidnapping
- So, what are you doing tonight?
- See the book, read the movie 2
- Damien at Lamb's Players
- New releases opening this week
- Local nonprofit receives $100,000 grant for homeless, disadvantaged youth services
- J Wok
- San Diego hotel mogul's political reach extends to Big Apple
- KPBS investigation: U-T discounted anti-Filner ads
- Port inks deal with Los Angeles for police cross-training
- “La Jefa” drug queen nabbed in Tijuana
- Sweetwater District Leaving The CIF San Diego Section?
- Shocker: nation adds only 88,000 jobs in March
News & Stories
Cancel that shut-down, cancel the protest
The silent protest of the closing of Friendship Park scheduled for Saturday April 6 has been canceled because Friendship Park, at the monument in Border Field State Park, will be able to remain open on ...
Already disturbed, low productivity
My friend Richard Bailey, grandson of Julian's founder Drury Bailey, brought my attention to a construction project west of Calexico which sounded amazing. With my photographer Pam Wilmers, we struck out on Wednesday, April 3, ...
Trail closed March 25 to April 17
For hikers it’s exercise rewarded with 360º panoramic views. For Cowles Mountain it’s trail damage and habitat destruction. Hikers anticipating a challenging spring break hike up Cowles Mountain at the Golfcrest trailhead in San Carlos ...
Possible colony on Broadway, downtown
Department 3 at the downtown San Diego Courthouse (220 Broadway) reopened April 3 after closing the previous day for a second-round of disinfecting. This followed a working sheriff’s deputy’s report she had a contagious “staph” ...
The first quarter of 2013 has brought with it strong releases from the likes of Jim James, Foxygen, Serengeti, and Atoms for Peace, yet perhaps none catchier than the latest record from San Diego pop-punk ...