Judge rules in favor of Plaintiffs, finding San Diego Unified sidestepped CEQA requirements in putting lights up at Hoover High School and using Prop S funds to do so.
- Love and the Skull: It's In Your Mind
- Meet the Saxations!
- Repeat DUI driver admitted manslaughter after head-on collision
- Padres take series at Pittsburgh
- Archivists unearth fresh Stooges!? Moe, Larry, the cheese!
- “They were putting in work for their gang” prosecutor said
- GYNO - opening scene
- Art!Power presents Indian-flavored 'Foovie' in October
- Real estate and casino money gushes to GOP and Faulconer as mayoral cash race heats up
- Heath Bell claims insurance salesman ripped him off
- New releases opening this week: You Will Be My Son, A Single Shot and more
- Civic San Diego wants permitting and processing responsibilities in former redevelopment areas
- Local unemployment rate falls to 7.4%
- Poly-Addictions Are Eating Us
- Mother of drowned children arrested, four months later
- Spanish red and the blow-out burger
News & Stories
Wanting to be the first to have Apple’s new IPhone 5s, over 200 people stood in line during the pre-dawn hours of September 20. The Apple Store in Carlsbad’s Forum shopping Center, on El Camino ...
North Park's Blockbuster Video, at 2011 El Cajon Boulevard, is closing down forever. Signs at the North Park store indicate the entire inventory is being liquidated. Parent company Blockbuster LLC was acquired by Dish Network ...
Being Caitlin Rother sometimes means getting into some dark places. The San Diego author, a former investigative journalist for the U-T and other papers, writes narrative non-fiction about true crimes. Writing about the most heinous ...
Who is going to prevail between Arnold Bax and Henry Purcell? While Purcell isn’t a household name, there isn’t a mezzo-soprano alive who’s escaped her undergraduate studies without singing When I Am Laid in Earth. ...
They tell writers never talk about an idea or what you’re working on. The superstition, a favorite of Hemingway’s: some writing only happens once. And not even at a computer or in a notebook. Voice ...
Ernest Greene, aka Washed Out, has let us into his fantasy world. Paracosm, Greene’s second full-length, opens with sounds of a fairytale forest morning where you don’t know whether the day will be great or ...
While a new brewery comes across as little more than the ping of a pin dropping in a brewery saturated neighborhood, the arrival of a brewhouse to communities without a homegrown source of fresh beer ...
Heart started off lackluster, as the set’s early songs sounded like 45s being played at 33. Opener “Barracuda” dragged. As they worked their way through “Heartless,” “What About Love,” and “Magic Man,” things didn’t get ...
The border flea market, barely 100 feet south of the border fence on Martínez (“D Street”) in Tijuana, has expanded to nearly 22 city blocks. Held every Saturday and Sunday, the market’s exact location moves ...