Borrego ranch killings by drunken scion two decades ago marked wealthy San Diego bankers and landholders as star-crossed.
- Sushi & Sake 101 at RA Sushi
- Name That Logo: Deluxe Warner Bros. Edition
- Is the party over for rising real estate values?
- San Diegans remain mired in low incomes, poverty
- California homes remain nation's most expensive
- School Board Appointment A Teachable Moment
- Dig a hole: Jerry G. Bishop, the architect of Svengoolie
- Interview with Thanks for Sharing writer-director Stuart Blumberg
- Grate cinema: Munster, Go Home!
- Toxic sludge set to be dredged from San Diego Bay
- Twin Shadow and Wynn: free show downtown
News & Stories
Ocean Beach resident Michelle had her third bike stolen on September 9. Three days later, her boyfriend Jay found it. But he had to fight to get it back. At about 8:30 a.m. on September ...
"We realized that we had one of the world's greatest predators on our hands, and we weren't playing to its strengths. We also were ignoring the bloodlust that is near to the heart of every American. No more."
College students are poor but that doesn’t mean their closets have to suffer. I ran into three San Diego City College students who rely on thrift stores and retail discounters to keep their wardrobes stocked. ...
Earlier this year, I shared the local brewing projects I was most highly anticipating. Most of them (Pizza Port Bressi Ranch, Stone Brewing World Bistro & Gardens – Liberty Station, Benchmark Brewing Company, Hess Brewing ...
I’ve always been wary of theatrical biographies of famous people. Too often they assume you already know, say, James Joyce or Ludwig Van B., Ty Cobb or Rosa Parks. So the bios skip past the ...
When U.S. secretary of education Arne Duncan came to Chula Vista on September 13, the fanfare at Castle Park Middle School was spectacular. Oversized pictures of Duncan’s face were waved on sticks while students wearing ...
The Marche region of Italy is rarely included among travel itineraries to Italy. It’s also scarcely mentioned in most guidebooks – yet this may simply enhance its appeal among travelers who yearn to forge a ...