I took another swig of crisp, clean German lager as I spied the nascent Oktoberfest fairgrounds across the street. Only the steel frames and brewery names were up – the stark beginnings of the world’s ...
- Night Caldo in Chula Vista
- Tonga Ross-Ma'u Trio + 1
- Trailer Park: Rocky Stallone vs. Jake DeNiro in Grudge Match
- Hotel owners behind police clashes with union give big to newly minted Democrat Fletcher
- Paul Schrader 'likes' me!
- Indian casino makes run at obscure world records
- Review: The Family
- Labor Council to support David Alvarez for Mayor
- New releases opening this week: Short Term 12, some other stuff
- Senior San Diego Police captain departs for greener pastures
News & Stories
One of the most frustrating parts of my job is watching a top notch cast, backed by a polished trio of musicians, performing on an inventive set – and the material doesn’t come near their ...
“My nephew and I used to hang out and draw monsters,” says Sam Lopez, curator of the upcoming I EAT PEOPLE: Children's Monster Art exposition. “He was probably 5 years old. He is a great ...
Literature, comics, Bubbles the chimp—expect all of this when entering the new tasting room at Modern Times Beer. With walls papered with pages ripped from old books and owner Jacob McKean’s personal comic collection, plus ...
It was a warm seaside evening as thousands crowded the Del Mar racetrack’s concert stage awaiting L.A. alt-rockers Weezer. It was difficult to distinguish the rumble of the passing Amtrak from the roar of the ...
Tift Merritt’s sounding more like Patty Griffin than ever, and the choice of a Griffin tune to this singular mind-meld of classical piano (Simone Dinnerstein) and whatever it is Merritt does, seems to wink conspiratorially. ...
Madra Dog wore red, white, and blue for the September 11 Patriot Day observance. Two weeks earlier, the 30-inch tall, 300-pound statue of a rottweiler wore a birthday hat topped by a balloon. The decorated ...