Last week, Sacramento was besieged by emails and phone calls about the budget trailer bill that would have made the California Public Records Act “optional.” By June 20, the assembly, the house, and the governor ...
- That SD-based spring pro football league was launched by embezzler
- Issa raked in $59.4 million last year
- Joshua White goes it alone at Dizzy's
- Chuck Heston explains the MPAA rating system
- Escondido set to approve big contracts for city manager, city attorney
- Padres split with Dodgers and Padres fans ready to fire everyone
- MTS banks payment on right-of-way lease to desert railway
- John Ball's In the Heat of the Night at Ion Theatre
- Mob lawyer’s memoir omits Hedgecock and Manchester
- The Works Pizza
- The funniest clip of Alfred Hitchcock you've never seen
- Wall Street a trap for outsiders, says Madoff
- Padres: You get less bang for the buck
- DUI crackdown nets one drunk driver
- South Park's Buona Forchetta: See and be scene!
News & Stories
When a small group of guys spend extensive periods of time in a closed-in space, one of two things typically occurs. Either they grow stir-crazy and find a thousand reasons to hate each other or, ...
A 13-year-old boy led deputies on a short vehicle police chase that ended in a fiery crash at about 1:30 a.m. on June 24, according to authorities. No one was seriously hurt, and the boy ...
It wasn’t long ago that we visited Girona. After a six-hour drive from Nice, France, and just a few drops of fuel left, we arrived in the northeast conurbation of Catalonia. It was impossible to ...
Bobby Chocolate pulls up his socks and waits for his friend Jimi to complete his ride down the rail in the skate corridor of the City Heights Community Center walk next to Rosa Parks Field. ...
In 1603, at a place Europeans then called Bantam, an English fleet trading for spices left behind a few merchants to organize the pepper trade for the arrival of the next voyage – two years ...
Neon skulls and portraits of assholes artistically "booby trap" Fry's paintings.
Our Lady of Grace Catholic Church parishioners spent two days saying goodbye to Monsignor Michael Gallagher, the priest retiring after serving for 27 years as pastor. Receptions followed weekend services, and 600 people attended the ...