Content for Monday, July 29, 2013
- Who is the "land use expert" Michael J. Pallamary behind the Filner recall campaign?
- Body found at Imperial Beach identified as 13-year-old from Tijuana, another teen still not found
- The Heart & Trotter: Meet your meat at Alchemy
- Todd Gloria's strange Sunday meeting with ex GOP Mayor Jerry Sanders
- Locals pay tribute to Valley Center's JJ Cale pt. 1 - Greg Douglass
- Gaslamp's 40 Foot Film series pays tribute to Cinerama...sort of
- Rhythm triplicate at Dizzy's
- Dinosaur rampages through downtown San Diego, killing dozens
- Bob Filner offered role in upcoming Sea World film project
- Otay Mesa port of entry to open additional lanes on Sundays and holidays
- Feinstein, tops in Predator maker’s political cash, talks Filner recall
- Time out with Daniel Jackson
- Top Ten Movie Mayors
- Emperor Tibobius in exile
- Natural Style Chicken is cheap and delicious
- Imperial Valley ambulance crews on strike
News & Stories
A journey to Thailand's "Rose of the North."
The strong smell of black coffee served in a plastic cup no bigger than a shot glass startled me from my deep slumber. As one flight attendant pushed the cart forward, tightly squeezing it along ...
Uncle Karl’s PB production facility now ready for visitors
In April 2012, I wrote about “The Summer of Karl,” noting new developments for Karl Strauss Brewing Company. That included the 24-year-old stalwart, which is known for having been ahead of most local operations in ...
Figure of man was sawed off and stolen in April
It will cost Tijuana about $20,000 to repair a severely damaged statue honoring an indigenous Baja California tribe, according to the city's assistant director of urban maintenance. The bronze statue dedicated to the Kumeyaay tribe ...
50-foot fall, but driver walks away
Early in the morning on July 29, a driver crashed his car through a gate near Osprey Street and flew off of Sunset Cliffs into the sand below. The car flipped in mid-air as it ...
Plenty of gems in this often-overlooked New England destination.
Rhode Island is America’s smallest state by area and its eighth-least populated. Despite this, it’s one of America’s most historic states, having been settled in 1636. Rhode Island was established as a colony by Roger ...