Shortly after 1 p.m. on Sunday, July 21, I was driving home and noticed many law-enforcement vehicles at the corner of Bancroft Drive and Kenwood Drive. I later learned from sheriff’s department spokesman Sgt. Matt ...
- Opening a Vein Here...
- New accuser Laura Fink comes forward to file a claim from 8 years ago against Filner
- Uncon Sci: For Little Good
- A taste of Tijuana: Javier Plascencia progressive meal
- Strange Stage Stories from San Diego Musicians: Thea Tochihara (Social Club), Sppike Mike Muellenberg (League of Liars), Lou Curtiss (Folk Arts Records) and more.
- Local home values to rise 9.3% in next year, says zillow.com
- Anatomy of an ad campaign: North by Northwest
- State auditor says CPUC's intervenor compensation system OK
- Local officials protest federal ruling ordering reduction in prison overcrowding
- Meet the Band: Symbolic
- The Filner handshake
- Big three hotel moguls girding for Filner war?
- Former Development Services Director ordered staff to delete comments to get large church project approved
- Padres combination of Cashner and Guzman too much for Brewers
- Peters starts small on deficit reduction
News & Stories
Since opening two years ago, locavore lair Local Habit (3827 Fifth Avenue, Hillcrest) has gained a reputation as one of San Diego’s beeriest eateries. That reputation came on the back of numerous meet-the-brewer dinners, pairing ...
Okay, N. Richard Nash's pluvicultural comedy has a woman reinventing herself during the Depression on the far side of nowhere. And it premiered during the sexism-clogged McCarthy Era at that. But this is one slight ...
Most elements of the proposed Tijuana Aeropuerto Binacional have been settled and, theoretically, construction could begin in a few weeks. The airport will feature a trans-border facility that will obviate the need for American travelers ...
In Uganda, gorilla tourism is an economic engine. It benefits not only the mountain gorillas that the tourists track, but also the human communities in and around the forests in which the animals live. It's ...
“You’re American? What are you doing here? Usually Americans just visit Berlin.” This was the response I received after a vendor asked me a question in German. Apparently, most American tourists forego 1,000-year-old Potsdam, Berlin's ...
Members of the Westboro Baptist Church — known for picketing the funerals of American servicemen killed overseas — showed up at Comic-Con on Saturday, July 20, just as they had in 2010 to protest the ...