A twenty-two year-old Lakeside man was rescued from the attic of a burning home by San Diego Sheriff’s deputies yesterday (July 18). Upon arriving at the scene of a reported house fire on the 12500 ...
- Rally to recall Filner fizzles
- Comic-Con Photo Phunnies Day 3 - Friday
- Jury favored acquittal for man accused of abuse
- Suena: Tijuana filmmaker offers look at art, music, and city
- My advice to Filner: this is war and you have to be smart
- White does Monk
- Sony's Midnight lawsuit has bright ending
- Blame government for tight housing supply
- San Diego County Sheriff issues “intruder alert”
- Movies opening this week: Un Flic, Still Mine and more
- Padres could do something by doing nothing
- You won't find this type of Jewish guilt at Kensington Video
- MTS sends warning about unlicensed taxis
- If you want streets repaired, it looks like you can forget it
- Animal rights activists sue the City for harassment and threats of arrest during demonstrations
- First Look: Blue Ribbon Rustic Kitchen
- Pelosi and Papa Doug: strange bedfellows in anti-Filner follies
- Family of former Chargers player, Lewis Bush, sues NFL in federal court
- Comicon: This place rings my bell
News & Stories
When interviewing Alpine Beer Co. owner Pat McIlhenney about how he'll soon have some of his beers brewed at Green Flash Brewing Company’s Mira Mesa facility, we met at craft beer bar O’Brien’s Pub (4646 ...
Maybe the most produced play in San Diego this side of A Christmas Carol. We've seen everything from high-caloric cutsie to Jack O'Brien's magical 1985 staging — David Ogden Stiers and Katherine McGrath as a ...
The “zonkey,” the zebra-esque black-and-white painted burros seen in several locations along Tijuana’s Avenida Revolución, is a dying breed. Lack of tourism along the route is blamed for the dwindling resources allocated to the creatures. ...
On July 17 at about 11:30 p.m., the Santee sheriff’s station received a call of a house fire on Cajon Vista Court in the Winter Gardens neighborhood of El Cajon. The first deputy to arrive ...
“These policies are on the books, but informally everyone knows you are penalized for using them.”
My friend Mark’s biggest pet peeve is the existence of beautiful women with tattoos. “I just don’t understand why all these pretty girls are covering their bodies in tats,” he said in frustration after spotting ...
Klaus Janson gives an insider's pespective on Comic-Con, revealing that there's a lot more to the con than movie stars and cosplay.
At approximately 9:30 p.m. on July 18, I came upon a car stopped in the middle of Bacon Street facing sideways; the front right fender was smashed and the tire was flat. It looked like ...
A true professional is one who learns every aspect of the job, and who exhibits appropriate behavior at all times.
The first stop of Steve Miller's 2013 summer tour at the San Diego County Fair was everything one could ever wish to witness at a classic-rock concert — bacon-wrapped foodstuffs, random horses, fair-game carnies, nine-dollar ...
From the surface details, it may appear She & Him’s latest is a gloomy break-up record. Songsmith/multi-instrumentalist M. Ward incorporates more melodramatic string arrangements while Zooey Deschanel lyrically digs deeper into heartbreak. Compared to its ...