In a blow against the gentrification of Ocean Beach, architect Elizabeth Young's plans for a 400-foot variance on a planned three-story residence were shot down by the Ocean Beach Planning Board on February 6. The ...
- San Diego retiree healthcare 3% funded
- How TaylorMade drove past neighbor Callaway
- Baja & Border News Translations: Theft of cables generates millions in losses; Tijuana Fire Department offers Open Water Lifeguard Certification; Children who ran-away are located; Second "Gasolinazo" of 2013 will come Saturday
- Day after Jacobs speaks, Plaza de Panama lobbying deal with Shepard ends
- Art of East Asia Finally Sees the Light
- Along Came A Spider @ 98 Bottles
- Author & Punisher sets off on U.S. tour
- New releases opening this week
- Baja & Border News Translations: LGBT demand more respect; Cable thief dies by electrocution; 2013 National Olympiad “Yo soy Baja”
- Skirmish over security contracts at Qualcomm Stadium
- Local municipalities pushing to get cats sterilized ahead of peak breeding season
- Power the Paradigm San Diegans!
- Tapley hits last second three, gives SDSU win
- San Diego tourism ad found among ex-LAPD officer Christopher Dorner's effects
- Filner v. the San Diego Downtown Partnership - BONUS CODA
- Filner takes on the Downtown San Diego Partnership
- A closer look at the lighting at Bob Filner's speech to the Downtown Business Partnership
- Review: Identity Thief
- Tijuana police on watch for Dorner, suspected cop killer
- Adam's Steak 'n Eggs
- Beer of the Week: Silva Stout
- State Coastal Conservancy, San Diego County set to fund $1,980,000 Tijuana River Valley trail system
- Crawfish & Euphoria Brass Band highlighted at Saltbox and Local Habit
News & Stories
“You see that too, right?” Lacey held her wine glass at half-mast, staring at the steps leading from the Hotel Del Coronado to the Pacific Ocean. We were outdoors at Babcock & Story, the Del’s ...
It’s embarrassing to admit I’ve never heard of a band that’s been around since 2002 — which convinces me its winsome sound transcends “noteworthy,” demanding “essential” status — unless that sound is so good that ...
Forty years after the album’s release, the Who have hit the road with Quadrophenia, a tale of Jimmy the Mod’s identity crisis, as told by rockers of stadiums. From ambient opener “I Am the Sea” ...