Shortly before noon on Monday, August 12, a sheriff’s helicopter began circling over my neighborhood — just north of the Bancroft Drive and Campo Road intersection in La Mesa — announcing over their loudspeaker that ...
- Carlsbad Music Festival: Village Walk seeks San Diego musicians
- Carlsbad man accused of killing his new roommate brought to court
- Review: Lovelace
- Teagan Taylor Group at Hooley's Irish Pub
- Lawsuit filed against City of San Diego for allowing fast-food chain Jack in the Box to remodel North Park restaurant
- Reds capitalize on Padres lack of timely hitting
- Top port cop gets provisional intelligence moonlighting OK from state watchdog
- Marks to appear in commercial for new Scorsese picture?
- More weekend DUI stops in Poway, Santee
- Sundara: underwhelming Indian food
- Downtown San Diego Partnership hires high-profile civic attorney to address illegal use of PBID funds
- Fancy Country Comfort at Great Maple
- Marijuana plantation destroyed near U.S. border in Baja
- Wells Fargo lawsuits to proceed
News & Stories
On the night of August 11 at around 11 p.m., an out-of-town visitor staying at the Ocean Beach Hotel was attacked by a drunk female in her 30s — reputedly not a hotel guest. Police ...
For seven years, Calvin Manson, artistic director of the Ira Aldridge Repertory, interviewed people unused to tape recorders and probing questions: the homeless, the bullied, the racially profiled. To enter their world he disguised himself ...
The La Jolla Music Society’s Summerfest is scheduled to end with a grand finale on August 23rd. Maestro James Conlon was to be the conductor for this concluding concert. Conlon is a major figure in ...
It took a long time for San Diego’s southernmost reaches to get homegrown craft beer to reach for. The first opportunity came in 2008 when The Brew House at Eastlake brewpub opened. Last year, that ...