Sandra Millers Younger’s new book, The Fire Outside My Window, is slated for release in conjunction with the tenth anniversary of the Cedar Fire. That devastating natural disaster burned 280,000 acres, destroyed 2,800 homes, and ...
- Photos, information released on arson/murder/kidnapping suspect and victims
- Head of Indian center admits embezzling
- SRO for Allison Adams Tucker
- The Bancroft: Secret Fun Club, Innerds, and Hot Nerds
- Late brunch, Old Town
- Who's investigating Filner? It's who's NOT investigating him
- In a world without Ebert, Marks is named one of three to watch
- Everth Cabrera apologizes for 50-game suspension
- City Attorney Jan Goldsmith slapped with lawsuit for refusing to disclose public records
- Mexican authorities on alert for James DiMaggio, homicide and kidnapping suspect
- Is Papa Doug headed to the altar again?
- Sheriff reportedly plotting mayor's ouster got funds from Lynch, Blue, hotel interests, report says
- Aqui es Texcoco serves pulque!
- Cross border terminal from Tijuana airport to Otay Mesa could begin construction soon
- Downtown San Diego Partnership seeks contractors to light up trees
- Shuttered firm, broker charged with aiding and abetting fraud
- Tim Lambesis gets exception from house arrest for “therapy”
News & Stories
One of Sweetwater Union High School District superintendent Ed Brand’s pet projects suffered a setback at the hands of National City planning commissioners on the night of August 5. Brand’s idea to establish Alliant International ...
There’s plenty on the beer board for hop heads and hot heads at Ballast Point Brewing & Spirits. Specialty brewer Colby Chandler is perhaps the world’s foremost expert on crafting chili-infused beers. Allow me to ...
The Rep has opened its 38th season with a spectacular production of the Tony Award-winning musical. The evening seems to grow with every song. In fact, after a while when one tough act to follow ...
Anyone who has crossed the pedestrian bridge over the Tijuana River next to the newly constructed El Chaparral border station in the past several months has noticed that hundreds of people are living in the ...
On any given night in numerous San Diego neighborhoods, you can find an open mic night hosted by a local coffee house. I am a tad obsessed thanks to an experience years ago at a ...
Urbino, a former center of culture during the Renaissance, has largely been forgotten by tourists due to its location in the Marche region of Italy. But, despite having far fewer visitors than its more glamorous ...
What is Violetta fighting for when Alfredo’s father, Germont, confronts her in Act II of La Traviata? Remember, we’re talking about adding depth to a character in opera by using the guideposts from the book ...
Recently, I interviewed Tomme Arthur, the famous beer mind and director of brewery operations at The Lost Abbey (155 Mata Way, #104, San Marcos) and its West Coast-style counterpart Port Brewing. I was there to ...